(Side Chapter) Pain of Many I

Kel's POV:

What is it this time, Hero wasn't the type of person who enjoyed going out a lot.

Especially now, in the first week after Sunny's death Hero didn't even isolate himself, he just cried and cried and cried until nothing could come out of his eyes.

I didn't understand, he didn't spend a lot of time with Sunny after the death of Mari to feel this way.

I understand that Sunny is one of his dear old friends.

But to go to the point where you cry without an end until your eyes become dry is a bit too much.

I don't even know what im thinking about its just confusing.

If he felt this way, why is he going out a lot in these days.

If he felt this way, why didn't he go to the church daily like me.

Why.

Heeeeh what am i thinking, im too dumb to understand his motives.

I'll just go buy some candy, i feel the need for sweats at the moment.

Actually a drink would be nice too, I haven't drank anything except water these two weeks.

Orange Joe maybe?

Well I could also visit the church on my way.

I think Im being a source of disturbance to the priests, but I couldn't care less if it gave me a chance to spend time with my best friend.

After all, I've abandoned him when he needed me the most.

I should at least pay a visit to him, now that nothing of him is remaining, only the guilt of mine lingering

Was my delusions of being a basketball player and moving on from Mari's death worth my best friend's life?

Probably not.

Which is more of a reason to come and pay a visit to him daily.

Well, enough of that, I should concentrate on the road ahead.

Phew I finally arrived at my destination, I could finally calm my thirst now.

Woah they restocked Orange Joe, didn't the company suffer from bankruptcy or something.

Well no need to think about it.

"Yo, how much is a one Orange Joe."

"Two dollars."

"Hey wasn't it one dollar?"

"The company made the prices of Orange Joe go higher so they could earn more money to fill their problems."

"Laaaame, there you go."

"Much obliged."

The cashier said in his usual calm tone.

Sheeeesh, companies sure go for a simple way to earn profit, well one more dollar doesn't matter as long as im getting my drink.

I opened the Orange Joe can, as i started drinking, my taste buds faced the biggest yet worst taste.

"Ewwwww, why is it mildly bitter now, gross."

I said as I threw the Orange Joe can in the trashcan nearby.

Bleugh, can't even have a drink nowadays.

I was annoyed but I had one more place to go so I shook my mind and concentrated on the road ahead of me.

Finally, at last, I've arrived near the church.

Was it just me or did it take more time to arrive here.

Well, again, it doesn't matter.

"Hello, sir."

Said the priest in a kind tone

"Can I access the graveyard?"

"Sure thing."

Said the priest as he opened the door to the graveyard.

What a kind lad, I'm happy that Sunny and Mari's family decided to rest their children here.

The place is dead calm as always.

Did i just unintentionally make a pun.

As i walked past the small garden made in the graveyard to give 'life' to the graveyard, I've reached Mari's grave.

The once beautiful white egret orchids has wilted, only one remaining orchid is there by itself.

Basil once said that in the flower language, white egret orchids symbolises the phrase "My thoughts will follow you into your dreams."

I sure hope if that's correct, after all, one orchid is still alive, maybe Mari is still with us even now.

If she is, I'm sorry for failing you.

I didn't have anything to say to Mari aside from that, maybe my ever lasting guilt stopped me from venting.

Well nobody is going to hear me.

And if someone did.

Nobody is going to forgive me.

I've stood up and walked to Sunny's grave.

The atmosphere was nice, birds where chirping, sounds of cars outside and the sweet breeze of the wind.

I hope you're resting easy Sunny.

I'm sorry for not being there for you.

I'm sorry for abandoning not just you but everyone I've once knew as my friend in the past.

I'm sorry for being useless.

I'm sorry for not noticing your pain and selfishly asked you to come outside and make up for the time we've lost together.

I'm sorry.

As i stood up and was about to leave, I got a text on my cellphone.

Was it Hero?

Jesus brother, I thought I was the one who ruins moments.

Oh wait, it's from Basil.

"Kel, please come to the Central Faraway Hospital, Hero fell unconscious and he isn't waking up, he is still breathing but no response is coming from him, the doctors wanted me to call one of his parents, I knew your parents were out for a trip, so the only related person to him was you."