Welcome again.

"H-hello?"

"Basil thank god you are here, please open the door, i need to talk with you."

"Okay."

The door has opened revealing Basil.

"What is it?"

Basil said in a serious tone, I think he has an idea of what im going to say, so I'll go straight to the point.

"What happened to Sunny's violin."

Basil turned pale from that simple question as he started sweating.

"What violin."

Basil stuttered.

"You know what im talking about, Basil."

"I-I don't think i do."

"Why are you acting dumb."

"I'm not!"

"Then just tell me already!"

I've yelled.

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, LEAVE ME ALONE."

Basil yelled out.

He started moving backwards and tried to close the door.

As he was doing that, i grabbed into his arm and stopped him from closing the door.

"Basil, please tell me, I need to know, please do not worry that I'll be mad at you from whatever happened, I just need to know."

"Why do you think something happened."

"Basil, the violin is broken and that hole that was left was filled with blood and remainings of black hair, it resembled Sunny's and Mari's hair, of course something happened."

"But why do you think I'm supposed to know about whatever happened."

"Again, don't act dumb, you've knew about the insides of the toy box."

"Why are you so persistent to know about what happened."

"That's the least I could do to them, I'm done being clueless about their whereabouts, im really done."

"They are gone, Hero.
Knowing what happened to them won't do you any good."

"They, them?
Are you talking about both Mari and Sunny, was what happened related to both of them?"

Basil turned even more pale as i asked that question.

"I know nothing, therefore i have nothing to say."

"Basil, for god's sake stop acting dumb, this has became too serious for you to act this way, you aren't a child anymore."

"Knowing what really happened will just hurt you more than make you feel better knowing what Mari and Sunny were up to."

"I'm fine with that, I need to know."

"Fine, I'll tell you."

"Thank you."

"So at the day of the recital, the one that took place before Mari's death, what do you think happened."

Basil said in a dead serious tone, it was so out of character that it stunned me, but i had to answer regardless.

"Mari took her own life for unknown reasons, they didn't even leave a note talking about why they've made such choice."

"Correct, this is how I've wanted everyone to think about what happened to Mari."

"What?"

Why is he bringing this up, i do not see the connection and what does he mean by 'how I've wanted everyone to think about Mari's death.'

"What truly happened was that I've hit Mari using Sunny's violin as a weapon on the head which made her fall unconscious, afterwards to not leave any evidence, I've tied a knot in the tree near the tree house and carried Mari there, then I've placed their head there to make it look as if it was suicide, little did I know, that her brother Sunny witnessed what happened, but he was too weak to tell anyone about what happened, he couldn't betray his 'best friend' after all, this is how that hole in the violin was created."

What.

What.

What.

Just what was he saying, my head was spinning, is this a dream, is this a twisted joke.

Basil wouldn't do this to me.

Basil wouldn't do this to us.

I want to raise many questions but words fail to come out from my mouth.

My mind is being too conflicted for me to understand my surroundings, all i was seeing was a yellow haired boy slowly tearing up as he was moving away from me.

I lost control of myself.

And in that exact moment, I've charged towards the boy and hit him.

He fell on the ground.

All I could hear was screams.

As a woman came to the boy's rescue.

I could only watch.

As my vision darkened.

Why did it have to turn this way?

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hey everyone, if nobody understood the meaning of the last part of the chapter, then I'll explain it a bit.

What i was trying to achomplish is an accurate representation of what Basil would have said if he was respecting Sunny's wishes of not making anybody know about what happened even after his death and Basil blaming himself over both of Mari's death and Sunny's too, which made him hate himself and create a false story to make everybody hate him for what he has done with them whilist still respecting Sunny's wishes.

I hope you guys understood what i was approaching and sorry for taking a long time to make this chapter, i had some business that needed to be finished, hope you guys can understand and I'll try to post more chapters soon as an apology to you guys for being absent for a long time, if something else didn't happen that is haha.

Kind regards.