The final step.

I head down stairs, I see Kel waiting patiently for me, I've decided to confront him after getting ready.

"Hey Kel."

"Hello, so tell me, what were you doing outside yesterday."

"I've coincidentally met Basil across the streets and have decided to chat with him for a bit."

"Chatting with him till midnight huh?"

"No, not really, we went to the park to chat, after we've finished it wasn't midnight yet but i had to go to the groceries store again and get the groceries, which is why I've taken a lot."

"Are you telling me the truth."

"Yes."

"Alright, I trust you, I feel a bit tired today, so im gonna head back to sleep, see ya."

Kel walked to his room.

I know he wasn't really going to sleep, he only goes there to have some time alone to grieve or think, he told me about such things when he was younger, well i should go to Sunny's old house now to find that toy box, it was in the storage I guess.

I head out of the house and went straight to Sunny's house.

I've opened the door and went inside, I hope that nobody saw me, I know doing this is bad, but that's the least I could do for Sunny.

I reach the storage's room, it's locked.

Maybe the key to it is somewhere around the house, maybe in Sunny's room?

I go upstairs and open the door to their room, nothing has changed, despite their death, none of their stuff was moved or touched.

I think examining the entirety of the room will help me.

First I open the drawers, they're surprisingly emptied.

Second, I look around the boxes that were in the corner of his room, all i could I find is stuffed toys and building pieces, I think those are the same ones me and Mari gave to him in his birthday, I'm happy that he kept them even despite the hardships they've faced.

I slowly lose hope as I walk downstairs to examine the rest of the rooms, then the closet near the stairs caught my eyes, I open it only to be met by huge amounts of dust.

I cough a bit then continue to examine the closet.

I've found it.

The key.

I put it on my pockets and head to the storage room.

I use the key on the storage room, then a clicking sound filled the room, it was old as if the room haven't been opened for years.

I head inside.

It's dark here, thankfully I was able to open a flashlight using my phone, the room was filled with boxes.

I couldn't see the toy box, maybe it's stored in one of the boxes?

Well I guess I'll have to check up on every single one of them until I manage to find it.

I open the first box and attempt to extract the items from it until I could find the toy box if it's in the box.

The box was filled with board games like Checkers, Chess, Dominos...etc.

I remember how thrilled Sunny was when he played with those with one of us, he'd try his best to win, honestly, his skills were outmatched, even Mari was unable to beat him, Sunny was very good at any type of game.

I continue to go through the box.

I find a heart locket, inside there was of Mari and Sunny looking a bit younger than they were before, in the bottom the following words were written.

"The sun's brightest sunlights."

I think that locket belonged to one of their parents, I feel a bit weird after seeing a picture of both Sunny and Mari, or is it just sadness, or guilt since they're the people I've failed to protect, well I needn't to worry about that, I should keep on searching.

I've extracted the entirety of the box with no good results aside from intense amounts of nostalgia.

2 boxes left.

I open the next one, it was filled with more stuffed toys, I go through them, to my surprise, I've found the toybox in that box, that saved me a lot of time.

I extract the toy box.

Since it's very dark here despite the flashlight, I should bring that toy box to my house so I could examine it fully.

I got back home, I've went quickly to my room without Kel noticing my precense and brought the key that I've found in the treehouse and put it in the key hole in the toy box, i could hear a small click, as the toy box opened, inside there was a violin.

A chill ran down my spine as I saw what was also inside the toy box.

Black hair and blood stuck in the violin's strings, that black hair resembled Sunny's and Mari's, just what happened to that violin, why was it like that, I was shocked, I took a moment to concentrate then remembered something.

Basil seemed to know about the insides of this toy box, he even warned me about it, perhaps he knows something about what happened.

I close the toy box and shove it aside as I head out of my house again to find Basil.

I'm walking faster than before, Is it because Im worried or is it because im scared of what Basil would say.

I cast that thought aside and continue walking to the shop Basil used to work at.

I've finally managed to go there, I talk to the employee at the cashier.

"Hello, welcome to the Heaven's Garden."

"Hello, I'm in a hurry, i want to ask you if you know about an employee who works here that goes with the name Basil, if he is here please tell him to come and see me."

"Sorry, but that boy took a week off yesterday for personal reasons that he did not state."

"Can I at least know his address, I need to go and see him as soon as possible, it's important."

"Sure, but I'll call him first for permission."

"He won't answer, I'm one of his old friends I really need to get his address now, I'll apologize to him for that as soon as i see him, i can't waste time here."

"Alright fine, I'll write his address in a paper for you."

The employee started writing as i was watching her write.

"Alright, finished, here you go."

The employee hands me a piece of paper.

"Thanks a bunch."

I've said as i took the paper and went out of the store.

I've followed the address.

I've reached my destination, a wooden house in a field filled with wilted White Egret flowers, ones Basil told us about a lot, he used to care about them a lot, I wonder why they wilted.

I've knocked the door and called the name Basil.

A faint sound answered my call.