Chapter 7

Katherine's POV

"Smith Katherine! It's your turn dear..."

His eyes were on me the whole time, so I decided to make things a little spicy.

I started walking confidently and with my head up. When I arrived to Professor Mc.Gonagall I decided to say a few words before being sorted.

"Can I say a few words Professor?"

"Sure dear, just be quick."

"Thank you Professor!"

I took a deep breath and then I started to talk.

"Hello everyone! My name is Katherine Smith and I am a new student who will be attending the 6th year and will be joinning in one of the 4 houses..."

Everyone was looking at me. I'm not an attention seeker, but I can't lie I liked it in this moment.

"...before everyone starts saying rumors and wants to know where I am from, or where I have been studying... I need to tell all of you that it's none of your business. If you have bad intentions towards me or if you do something, I won't stay in silence. Consider this a warning..."

The Dark Lord was looking at me, Draco and the others too. Luna was hyping me up by applauding. And some of the students were scared from me now, but that's good because they won't dare to snitch on me if they see something.

"...That's all I had to say Professor, we can continue now."

"Alright Mrs. Smith you can sit down and let the Sorting hat tell you the name of your new home" McGonagall said.

I sat on the chair and then she put the hat on my head. It was heavier than it looked like. After 5 seconds on my head it started talking with a small voice.

"Well well, what do we have here?" it asked with curiosity.

"A new student obviously" I responded in my head.

"Hmmm...brave, but with a big ego...you seek revenge and also want to know the secrets of the past...powerful, very powerful I see...hmmm what else...ohh you seek wisdom...u also have a pure heart...patient as well...what do you think about Slytherin little girl?" the hat said.

"Slytherin? But that's the house of the Dark Lord..."

"So what?...I can hear your thoughts girl, you want something from him. If you'd be on Slytherin it would be much easier for you...You also would feel like home in there...ohhoo friends I see...you'd feel welcomed..."

Oh no this is bad. I need to be near the Dark Lord and being in Slytherin would help me with my mission, but Harry and the rest of my friends wouldn't be comfortable with me staying there.

"A dilema I see...you are worried and want to use logic...hmmm...I think you'd be fine on Gryffindor too, so I'm giving you a choice...What would it be young witch?"

"...Gryffindor"

"Then Gryffindor shall it be..."

After those words the Sorting hat said the name of the house out loud and I stood up. I checked the teacher's table and saw that the Dark Lord still was focused on me, but now he was thinking something. I wonder what it was...

Anyways, I went to the Gryffindor's table. Everyone was applauding hard in there.

"I'm so glad you're with us" Ginny said and gave me small hug. Neville was smiling too and decided to say a few words "I'm glad you're a Gryffindor, we're going to have fun together. But let's eat now."

When I was eating I waved at Blaise, Draco and Pansy so they could see me. Blaise gave me 2 thumbs up, Pansy waved back and Draco said something in a low voice, I'm sure it was 'Pathetic'. They looked a little disappointed because they were hoping I'd get sorted into Slytherin, but they still smiled at me, which I'm greatful for.

I finished eating early so while the others were still eating and talking with each other I took a look around. It was a very nice place, besides the fact that there were deatheaters around the castle.

When I was looking at a portrait I felt a really bad headache. It was like someone was trying to tear my head appart and all of a sudden I felt the urge to think about past memories...That's when it hit me...He was trying to read my mind.

That bastard!! I just arrived...Ugh...I need to get him out of my mind...Come on now Kate, you can do it! What did Harry learn you? He learnt you how to block your mind. Do it!! Now!!

I focused really hard and I finally did it. When I opened my eyes Neville and Ginny were staring at me.

"Hey...are you ok?" Ginny asked with a worried look.

"...Yes I'm fine. What made you say that?"

"You look like you've seen a ghost" Neville spoke with a low voice so others wouldn't hear.

"Well there are plenty of ghosts here, right?Haha..." I was trying to laugh it off. I don't need them included to this. "How about you two take me to the dormitory? I need a good sleep after all this...big meal."

"Oh right. You're probably just tired. Come with us" they said and stood up to take me there.

I looked at the Dark Lord one more time before going with them. He is so going to regret doing this to me. I'll make him beg for mercy. That bastard...

After that Neville and Ginny took me to our common room. "Cozy" I commented. It looked nice and warm with all the red and gold decorations.

"Yes it's cool! Come with me, this the way to the girls' dormitory" Ginny said.

"Sure! Goodnight Neville!!"

"Yeah bye Neville!"after saying that Ginny grabbed my hand and took both of us to the dormitory.

"Our beds are next to each other! Great!!" I said and after that I went to sleep. I'm sure Ginny said something but I couldn't hear, I was sleeping already.

Chapter 7 done! Vote, comment, share. The next cheapter will be longer and I don't want to be a mood killer, but things might get dangerous on chapter 8!!! Stay tuned! Let's see if I can finish it today...