Chapter 43

Katherine's POV

"Ouch" I lightly breathed as I was puting my sweater over my head and then pulling it down. My head hasn't healed completely. The wound still hurts when I touch it. And so do some of the scratches on my forearms, but I don't really care about those.

Right now I was dressing up to go down for dinner. Everyone was back and school starts again tomorrow. I can't stay in this damned place for another week, I refuse to.

If there is something I hate as much as I hate snakes, it's being unable to be useful and just lay somewhere doing nothing. Feeling useless and just being alone in here when there's so much work to be done...I hate it.

Plus, my head has been through much worse. Maybe not physically, but I can handle this. That's nothing I can't really handle...I hope.

The school uniform was waiting for me in my dorm and I would be too late if I had to get up there and search for it. So in these conditions I just wore a big sweater and a skirt that Madam Pomfrey had got from my suitcase for me.

Honestly...this sweater is not even mine. Maybe I've taken Harry's or Ron's when I was rushing when packing things the day I left.

Well, at least it's wearable. I don't like complaining.

After fixing how that sweater looked on me somehow, I put my dagger and my wand in their holder on my thigh and walked out the hospital's wing happier than ever.

I can't wait to see the others. These days I haven't been able to do much and it's been weeks since I've talked or seen them.

The hallways were full of students running and greeting each other as they were headed to the great hall too. Seeing Hogwarts be filled with people and voices...it warms my heart. It makes me feel good. I can't help myself but smile as I see faces of people, known and unknown, walking past me.

It's just so- I don't know how to describe this feeling. I love people.

I love seeing them happy. Laughing. Talking. Just being in a room with me. It makes me feel less alone. It makes any place feel safer...it makes it feel like home.

And not like the house I was raised in with my mother.

It makes it feel like the tent I've lived with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Or the old church. That's what I call home. A place where you're surrounded by people who feel just as safe around you, as you feel around them.

Home...

I wonder if I someday I can have a place like that.

"Katherine!!" I heared a girl voice call me from not so far and turned my head around to see everyone standing just a few feet away from me.

"Ginny!!!" I shouted back and ran towards her.

Both of us started running and hugged each other so hard we almost fell.

"I've missed you so much. Why didn't you respond to my letters?" she started talking, flooding me with questions and wrapping her arms even harder on my body "Why didn't you get anyone's letters actually? Where were you? You scared the shit out of everyone."

"I'd love to tell you everything, but can you loosen up a bit please? It took quite some time to 'glue' my ribs back together and you're breaking them again" I said half joking, half serious.

"Oh Merlin! Are you hurt?" Ginny asked pulling back, but as I was about to tell her Draco interrupted.

"Leave some of Katherine for the rest of us, will you Weasley?" he said picking me up by my waist and spinning me around.