Chapter 39

Tom's POV
(Trigger warning: emotional, blood)

"NO! NO! KATE!! ANSWER ME!!"

I kept slapping her face lightly hoping for her to respond. A scream, an eye twich, some kind of movement. ANYTHING!

She can't be dead. No! I refuse to believe it! She just can't be dead!! Not right now, not ever...not by me...

I could feel my chest tightening, it all felt like a cold hand gripped my heart and tried to rip it out of my chest.

My whole human being couldn't process what was happening in front of my eyes. Katherine was in my arms, laying down lifeless, bleeding, and not a single heartbeat on her chest...

It was all my fault...

"IT IS ALL MY FAULT..." I screamed with all the strength that was left in me.

Every limb in my body was trembling. I felt scared, terrified, broken...I couldn't even–

I tightened my grip around her body and raised her up to feel her one more time, hug her one more time. As I was hugging her I cried, cried again, louder, LOUDER AND LOUDER.

WHAT IS THIS PAIN CALLED?

It feels like being skinned alive. I just can't accept it. I refuse to believe it. I thought that not being in a relationship with her was the worst thing that could ever happen to me, or the fear that she can find a new man, but this...This was the fear of never seeing her again. This was the fear of never feeling her again...

"You're alright, aren't you? It's just a game you're playing to punish me, isn't it my love?" I asked hopefully "Well if it is, it's working very well. As good as I can't control my tears anymore. I'm sure you thought it was funny, but it clearly isn't."

I tried to smile while tears kept running down my face.

"Are u sleeping? Did u fall alseep? I get it, you must be really tired" I eyed down the floor which was flooding "...this might not be the best place for a light sleep, but you must be really tired."

Her head tilted back as I rose her up.

"Kate, wake up my love. I don't like this. Please...KATE WAKE UP!!"

I was terrified. I just couldn't, I didn't want to–..., how can I ever believe such a thing?? How can I accept such a thing..?

"Oh Kate..."

My forehead found its own way to hers as I gently placed her head near mine. My whole world was shaking in fear, I didn't know what to do...Her beatiful lips were staying right in front of me.

Those lips who brought life to me. Those lips which made hell feel like heaven. Those lips I've been fighting for this whole time. Those lips that I didn't ever want to injure or harm, just love...love...

My lips touched hers lightly.
They were cold, but still soft and beautiful like usual. I had almost forgot what it felt like to kiss her.

I slowly opened my mouth a little to reach out for hers. I kissed her.

A single tear rolled down my cheeck and ended up in my mouth. It made our kiss taste salty, but I couldn't care less. That's my last concern in this moment.

I wrapped my arms around her as I kept kissing her harder.

"Kate, you promissed you'd never leave me. You swore..." I cried out. "If you love me–...If you ever cared about me...Don't go...please..."

I can't let her go, I can't. I just can't. I–

...

A soft little breath hit my face as I kissed her again.