Chapter 23

Previously on One Piece..

"GO STRAW HAT!"

"CLEAR..THE..SKY!"

"L-Luffy! You're ok!"

"Welcome to the crew Mae!"

____________________________________

"Welcome to the Crew Mae! The Battle Ends and Proud Fantasia Echoes Far!"

The golden ball that was attached to Luffy's arm shattered on impact from hitting Eneru straight into the Golden Bell.. "LET..IT..RINGGGGGGG!" His voice echoed. The bell, Luffy and Mae began falling "I DID IT! CAN YOU HEAR IT?!" Down way below Skypiea, Mont Blanc Cricket was looking up at the sky with a cigarette in his mouth. His body still had bandages from the incident back with Bellamy and his crew. The south birds began flying and squawking, Luffy up above would shout again.. "THE CITY OF GOLD WAS RIGHT HERE!" The bell continued its sweet echoes across Skypiea, the crew below were joyous that Luffy has won, Usopp was crying happy tears "H-He did it!" Robin simply smiled at the sound of the bell. "How beautiful.." Chopper who finally woken up was happy to hear the sound "That sound! That's the bell!" Ganfall was about to cry a little as well "I knew..that this day would finally come. Destiny." Sanji smiled, knowing that Mae would be saved by now. "So that's the sound." All the rest of Skypiea were staring in awe of the echoes of the great gold bell. "God..is real."
Wyper sighed.. "Noland, can you hear the sound from beyond your grave? I'm sorry you had to wait for so long..may your rest be peaceful."

Back down with Cricket and his two buds, they were quite impressed with the sound of the bell. "There's only one bell that can ring so beautifully. You know those giants in the clouds? There's a story that went like this..when a person is right above the clouds, the sun casts their shadow into the deep mist of the clouds to be seen far across the land. So they aren't really giants, my ears are filled with bliss from the sound of the bell. If the bell exists..why not the city? Noland was telling the truth, that's the reason you rang the bell kid? I'll never forget this."

Luffy's shadow casts above the clouds..and eventually fades out..

and eventually fades out

Cricket began to cry.. "H-Hey! Cricket! What's wrong?! Are you sick again?! Are you hurt!" One of his monkey friends would ask in worry. "I'm..just so relieved that my friends are ok..that kid is really something else."

In Skypiea, the bell would fall..and the Ark! Eneru would then fall..the people would gasp in surprise and relief. Although, the journey of this island has ended, time cannot simply let go of the past. Long ago, people entrusted in the Golden Bell. They say each ring was a sound of hope and faith..for the bell was to ring for all to hear across the distant sea..

Back up above, Luffy and Mae landed on the cloud where Nami was. "I wonder..if Pops heard it." Luffy smiled. Mae looked down smiling at Luffy..but then turned away again putting her hand on her face.