LAST CHAPTER

Xanthos Dela Paz Archante

I don't know when I realized that I love Kiara. I know to myself that I love her even before I realized it. When did I fall in love with her? Is it when she hugged me and told me how sorry she was about everything that happened to me? Is it when I saw her giving birth to our children?

Who am I kidding? I already love her even before those moments. I just don't know when because maybe, I was still too in denial that time.

I know I fell in love with her the moment I realized she's different from Kairo and Aldovino North. I fell in love with the moment she gave me her pure and sweet smile. I fell in love with her the moment I saw how beautiful she is inside... I just fell in love about everything about her. Every part of her is lovable, even the smallest things.

"Hey, baby... Wake up." I gently pinched Kiara's nose to wake her up.

"Hmm..." She just groaned and hugged me tighter. "Later."

Ginantihan ko siya ng yakap. "Baby, you have to wake up now. Pupunta pa kayo ng kambal kay Kairo."

Today, they will visit Kairo North at his house. They always visit him at least once a week. I've got no problem with it. I still can't forgive him but he's still the grandfather of my kids.

"Ayoko ng umalis, maglambingan na lang tayo maghapon," she said and nuzzled on my neck.

"Baby, your offer is tempting but you really have to go. The kids are looking forward to meet him again. Mamayang gabi na lang tayo," nakangising sabi ko saka hinaplos ang buhok n'ya.

Wala ng nagawa si Kiara kundi bumangon at maligo. I just went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for them. I'm always busy at work but I still find time to cook for my wife and my kids. They love the food I cook so I will always find time to cook for them.

"Papa! Good morning po!"

I smiled when Xiana and Xevan ran to my direction and hugged my waist. I carried them both and planted small kisses all over their face. My heart leaped with joy when I heard their laughter.

Ipinaghain ko na sila pagdating ni Kiara.

"Papa, bakit po always kang hindi nasama kapag pinupuntahan namin si Lolo?"

I looked at Kiara when Xiana suddenly ask that. She always asks everything she's curious about, so I should have prepared for this sooner. I sighed and held Kiara's hand under the table.

"Baby, you still won't understand because you're still young... but Lolo did something bad to your Papa. That's the reason why your father doesn't want to see him," Kiara explained and smiled at the kids.

Xiana stared at us. I know that look, she's thinking what she's gonna say or do about it.

"Okay po. Maybe it was a really serious matter. Sorry for asking, Papa," Xiana said and stood up. Lumapit siya sa 'kin at niyakap ako.

I smiled and caressed her hair. "Well, sorry too for not explaining it to you clearly."

I know our setup is not easy to explain to them anyway... But I love how understanding our kids are. Xianariah really took after Kiara. Xiana had her boundless understanding.

"Kiara, sorry if I still won't be able to come with you and the kids to see him," I said and held her hand.

Kiara smiled at me and kissed my lips. "How many times do I have to tell you that it's fine? I'm not forcing you to forgive him if you're still not ready for it. Stop apologizing for it, Xanthos. I understand... Okay?" she asked and hugged my waist.