Chapter 1

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ abuse

Y/n's pov

I was walking to the store to buy some beer for Mr. Williams, the owner of the orphanage I live at (Ik children aren't allowed to buy beer, but just go with it ok). He had ran out of beer yesterday, so he had asked if I could run to the store to buy some more.

I wasn't allowed to be out for more than an hour a day, so I had to hurry if I didn't want to get into trouble. If I did even the slightest thing wrong, Mr. Williams would drag me to the basement and hit me with either his belt, or with a baseball bat.

No one knows about it, since most of the kids at the orphanage are too young to even understand what that means, and he makes me cover all of my bruises.

I've lost most hope of being adopted since no one wants to adopt a 14-year old, especially not me, because of my bad anxiety and panic attacks. Now i just have to survive until I turn 18, and then I can finally get out of this hellhole. My parents died in a car crash when I was three, so I was sent to the orphanage, and I have lived here ever since, and watched everyone else get adopted, except me.

At the store I quickly went to the beer section and started searching for Mr. Williams's favorite type of beer. He wouldn't drink anything else. Thank god, there was one bottle of beer left. I went to grab it, but someone else grabbed it at the same time as me.

"Sorry, you can have it", I quickly mumbled, without even looking at the person, before turning around to find another type of beer that Mr. Williams might like, without much success. "Oh no, he's gonna kill me, they're out of his favorite beer", I thought, and I felt myself starting to panic.

Someone then lightly tapped me on the shoulder. I quickly turned around and found myself facing a kind looking woman in her early 30s, holding the beer bottle in her hand. There was something familiar about her, but i couldn't put my finger on it. "Here you go, you can have it if you tell me who you are buying it for. You look a little to young to be drinking", she said jokingly.

"Thank you so much", I said, gratefully. "It's for my... for Mr. Williams", I said, perhaps a little too quickly. She looked a bit suspicious, but I went to grab the beer out of her outstretched hand.

As I did so, my sleeve got stuck to something, revealing the huge bruise on my wrist from yesterday's beating, when Mr. Williams had beaten me for forgetting to set the table for dinner. I quickly hid the bruise and walked, almost ran away from the woman, who had a shocked and confused expression on her face.

After I had paid for the beer, I saw lots of photographers outside of the store, which was unusual, but I didn't think too much about it. As I was walking back to the orphanage, I realized that I was late. My little conversation with the woman from the mall had caused me to be out for more than an hour.

"Oh no, I'm gonna get beat up again". I tried to be quiet while walking inside, but Mr. Williams was standing in the doorway. "Y/n! You're late again!" He shouted. "But I got your beer", I tried. He snatched the beer out of my hand, and started dragging me down towards the basement, undoing his belt as he did so.

Half an hour later, I was laying on the basement floor in terrible pain, with tears streaming down my face. He had whipped me with his belt over my back and my legs, and I had a new black eye. I wiped away my tears, as i didn't want to get any attention from the rest of the kids at the orphanage. I fought myself up the stairs and to my room, where I collapsed on the bed, crying. After a solid 15 minutes, I went to the bathroom to see how bad it was. It was bad.

Pretty much my whole back was blue and yellow, and my legs had blue stripes all over them. I was also bleeding in quite a few places where the metal belt buckle had pierced my skin. I got a shower ready, as I couldn't reach my back by myself. I winced when the warm water hit my back, and it took all in me not to scream in pain.

I stood in the shower for at least 30 minutes, letting the water run down my back, and after a while, I couldn't really feel the pain anymore.

The next day:

Y/n's pov:

The next morning i made sure to cover up the bruise on my wrist, as well as the new black eye i had received. I didn't want to draw any attention similar to what i had done the day before at the store. I couldn't stop thinking about the woman from the store. I swear i had seen her before somewhere. "Oh well, i had probably just seen her on the street somewhere", i thought and didn't think much more about it, as i put on some black jeans, a Marvel hoodie and some grey sneakers. I was a huge Marvel fan, and i was a huge fan og all of the cast, especially Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen. I winced as i put the hoodie over my head, as my back was burning.

Y/n's outfit:

I then put my phone in my pocket, and went downstairs

I then put my phone in my pocket, and went downstairs. After i had helped two of the younger girls, Jessica and Evelyn get dressed for the day, i went down to eat some breakfast. Luckily, Mr. Williams wasn't there, and i was able to eat in peace. However, when i was about to leave and go outside for an hour, i heard Mr. Williams's angry voice behind me. "Y/n! Get back here! You are not leaving the orphanage today!" he shouted.

He had been drinking again. Mr. Williams had a bit of a drinking problem, and he always became really angry and aggressive when drunk. I never got to go out when he was angry, and he always let his anger out on me.

My first instinct was to run, and that's what i did. I ran and ran, until i felt my legs start to crumble underneath me. I collapsed on a park bench, and that's when i realized, i had no idea where i was. I quickly got my phone out, and tried to find my location. Hyde Park. That's where i was. I knew that Hyde Park was over 5 km away from the orphanage, and i had sprinted all the way here.

There was no way i was going to make it back to the orphanage on time, and i was still angry at Mr. Williams, so i just stayed on the park bench, with my face in my hands, trying to find a solution to the problem i had. I had no food, no money, and no place to stay for the night. Before i could stop it, tears started streaming down my face. I felt helpless. What was i going to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tysm for reading!

-1244 words!!!

A/n: This is my first time writing a story, so sorry if it's terrible, and I honestly don't expect anyone to read it lol 😅
If you have any feedback, I would love to hear it <3