Chapter 17

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ Bruising, swearing

Y/n's pov:

I gave Scarlett a hug after our workout and pointed out, "you know, I think we both need a shower".

"Are you saying I smell bad?" Scarlett inquired. "No, I just-", I didn't get any further as Scarlett started chasing me, and i squealed and ran for my life. Luckily Scarlett was tired from her workout, and i was faster than her, so i made it back to my room safely.

I quickly locked the door and i heard Scarlett trying to open it, without much success. "You just wait, I'm going to get you young lady", Scarlett shouted from the other side of the door. I just laughed.

I hopped in the shower and turned the water on the coldest setting. I flinched a bit when the water hit my bruised back, but not going to lie, it felt really good washing all of the dirt and sweat off my body.

After my very cold and refreshing shower, i went to my closet and found something to wear. I settled for a champion hoodie and some black jeans with black and white Vans.

 I settled for a champion hoodie and some black jeans with black and white Vans

Y/n's outfit ^

I went down to the living room and put the TV on. I continued where i had left of earlier with Stranger Things and let my guard down completely, so I didn't notice Scarlett sneaking up on me.

Scarlett's pov:

I had just taken a shower after our workout, and I was so going to get Y/n back for saying i smelled bad. I knew she had just been joking, so i was going to joke a little back.

As i went downstairs i heard the TV play, and i found Y/n sitting on the couch (sofa), watching Stranger Things by the looks of it. She was completely unaware of her surroundings, so this was the perfect time to get payback.

I sneaked up behind her, jumped forward and started tickling her. "AAAAHHHHHH WHAT THE F*CK SCARLETT!?!?!?" Y/n yelped. "Watch your mouth young lady!" I joked, but she seemed to take it seriously because she quickly replied "s-sorry Scarlett, but please s-stop tickling meeee!" She giggled in between fits of laughter.

She tried to wiggle out of my grasp, but all she really achieved was to kick all of the pillows down from the couch. "Alright, I'm sorry, whatever I've done, I'm sorry okay!" She squealed, which made me loosen my grip slightly which allowed her to get out of my grasp.

Y/n quickly scrambled to her feet and looked at me, out of breath but laughing. "Why did you do that?" She asked with a fake glare. "You called me stinky!" I replied.

"I did no-", she didn't bet any further as i started tickling her again. "Alright, I'm sorry, you smell good!" She shouted, and i stopped. "Thank you, that's what i was after", i said with a smile.

Y/n's pov:

We then heard the front door open, and Rose came running into her mothers arms. "Hey honey, how was your day at school sweetie?" Scarlett asked while picking Rose up. "It was great, we got to play math games!" Rose told us.

Scarlett and Rose continued talking while i turned around to see Colin look at the messy state of the living room. The pillows that were supposed to be on the couch, were spread out all over the floor from when Scarlett had almost tickled me to death, and the TV was on, still playing Stranger Things.

"What in the world has happened here?" He questioned while looking at me, failing to keep a straight face. "Umm... yea about that. So basically Scarlett started tickling me out of nowhere while i was watching TV, because i apparently "called her stinky", which i didn't do by the way, and now the living room is a mess", i explained.

"It's not my fault", i defended myself. Colin burst out laughing, and said, "well, I'm glad you two are getting along, Scarlett was scared you wouldn't like us, and I'm just happy you two didn't break anything!" Wait. Had Scarlett been scared i wouldn't like her? Why wouldn't I? She was a would famous actress and an amazing and kind person, pretty much everyone would want to have her as their mom.

"Why wouldn't I like you guys?" I questioned. "You are the best family i could ever have asked for!" I pointed out. "Thanks, Y/n, but Scarlett usually overthinks quite a lot and she focuses on all of the bad things that could happen", he explained.

Before we could discuss anything else, Rose ran up to me and hugged me. "Hi Rose, how are you?" I asked while picking her up. "I'm great, mommy told me she tickled you today!" She said. I laughed.

"Well, yea, she did do that", I said and glared playfully towards Scarlett, she just laughed. "You, know, I could tickle you too if you want", i said, and i started tickling Rose. "NOOOOO SIS STOOPPPP!" She giggled, but i wasn't going to stop, not yet.

"What is the magic word?" I asked. "P-Please!" She squealed. "What? I didn't quite catch that", i joked. "Please!"

"Alright miss, whatever you say", i joked and let her go. She took a few steps back, panting and giggling. 

"Alright everyone, how about we make some dinner together, like the happy family we are", Colin suggested, and we all agreed. I tried to hide the smile on my face that appeared when Colin said the word "family", but Scarlett noticed it and brought me in for a hug.

"You're a part of the family now, whether you like it or not, you're kind of stuck with us", she joked, and we laughed. "And i love you guys, thank you so much", i said gratefully and hugged her tighter.

"Of course sweetie", Scarlett answered.

We ended up making tacos, and they tasted amazing. After dinner we all watched some TV together before it was time for Rose to go to bed. She requested for me to tuck her in, so that's what i did.

Rose wanted me to read her a bedtime story, so i picked up one of the books on her nightstand, and started reading it to her. After 15 minutes, she was fast asleep, so i put the book down, and turned around to find Scarlett standing in the doorway, smiling.

Scarlett's pov:

Y/n had offered to put Rose to sleep, which both Colin and I were very grateful for, as both of us were exhausted because of work. Y/n didn't come back downstairs, so i decided to check on them to make sure everything was okay.

I opened Rose's bedroom door to find the most adorable thing. Y/n was reading Rose a bedtime story, and Rose was almost asleep. Y/n's voice was so soothing, i just stood there, admiring my two girls until Y/n stopped reading and pulled me out of my trance.

"Oh! Hey, I wasn't expecting you to be here", she whispered as she didn't want to wake Rose up. "I just wanted to check on my two girls", i said which made Y/n smile.

"We should also probably go to bed, we have to get up early tomorrow for filming", i reminded her. She agreed, and after saying goodnight to Colin, we both went to bed.

I lay in bed thinking about what my co-stars would say when they found out I had adopted a teenager. Negative thoughts began to circle in my head, but i pushed them away and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cute little chapter for u guys <3 I really enjoyed writing this because of all of the cuteness and fluff (don't get me wrong, i love writing about all of the panic attacks and such, but there is something about writing cute chapters)

As always, I hope you're doing well, it's almost the weekend (at least for me, idk what time zone you're in or when you are reading this). Go for a little walk, relax, watch a movie, eat some ice cream if you feel like you need it. Take some time off this weekend, please don't stress or over-work yourself :)

Word count: 1393 words :D