Chapter 34

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ None actually

Y/n's pov:

-The next day-

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm. I groaned and reached over to turn in off. I then opened my eyes and looked at the clock on my nightstand. 7am. Great.

Today was my first day of school. Scarlett had insisted that I should get up early so that I could be there for my class at 8, and not have to watch it later. I was going to do online school, with one 2-hour lesson over zoom every day, and then independent school work for me to do for the remainder of the day.

The lessons would be recorded so that if I didn't have time to watch them live, I could do it later. That had been my intention for today as I hated getting up early, but since it was my first day, Scarlett had talked me into doing it live so that I could ask the teacher questions if needed.

I dragged myself out of bed and to my closet where I found some comfy clothes. Just a hoodie and sweats, nothing interesting. I then went to the bathroom and washed my face and did my skincare.

After quickly brushing my hair, I dragged myself downstairs to eat something. Everyone was already awake, Scarlett was making breakfast, Colin was eating and Rose was watching Sponge Bob on the TV in the living room.

"Good morning sweetheart, you managed to get out of bed, congrats!" Scarlett exclaimed while coming over to hug me. "Good morning mom, I don't understand how you're so happy in the mornings", I sighed, still quite sleepy.

Scarlett just laughed while handing me a plate of food. "Thanks", I mumbled while sitting down beside Colin to eat. After he had greeted me also, I decided it was okay for me to take my phone out.

It had become a habit of mine to check Instagram in the morning, so that's what I did. I hadn't posted for a while, so I decided to try and take a picture I could post today. There was nothing particularly interesting on Instagram, so I decided to check the news instead.

Surprisingly, there was an article about me. Back in London, I wasn't super known, but since I had done a fair bit of acting, quite a few people knew who I was. When I had been spotted with Scarlett by the paparazzi I had honestly expected them to figure out who I was immediately, but they had labeled me as the "mysterious girl" seen with Scarlett Johansson.

But now, they had finally figured out who I was, and they all seemed to be speculating about what I had been doing with Scarlett. I cleared my throat and motioned for Scarlett to come over. "Mum, I think you'll want to see this", I said while Scarlett looked at my phone over my shoulder.

"Looks like they finally found out who I am, I honestly thought they'd figure it out straight away", I joked. "Sweetie, I'm so sorry, I didn't want them to find out this way, I wanted you to settle in a bit more first", Scarlett sighed, looking a little distressed.

"Mum listen, it's fine, they still don't know that you've adopted me and they were going to find out anyway", I reassured her. "I love you so much mum and I'm eternally grateful for what you have done for me, so I really don't mind that the public knows that I'm your daughter".

"I love you too bubs", Scarlett said on the verge of tears while hugging me again. "I'm supposed to be on Jimmy Fallon in a couple of weeks, how about I announce you then, is that okay with you?" Scarlett asked me. "Of course it is!"

"Alright, you better eat your breakfast, your class starts in 15 minutes", Scarlett informed me and I groaned. "Why do I have to go to school?" I mumbled, really not feeling it. "Because it's important and you need an education", Scarlett stated while washing the dishes.