Chapter 15

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ panic attack

Y/n's pov:

I had another nightmare. I woke up shaking profusely, and i felt like i couldn't breathe. I was having another panic attack, and despite not wanting to bother Scarlett, I needed help, I couldn't breathe.

I tried to call out for Scarlett, but no words came out of my mouth. I felt myself starting to start to black out because of the lack of air in my lungs, and my breathing wasn't more than shaky gasps for air.

I looked around desperatly for something i could use to make some sort of noise to hopefully wake Scarlett up. I saw a glass standing on my nightstand, and i reached out to knock it over.

It fell to the ground and shattered. I heard someone come running to my room, but my vision was getting cloudier. Right before i blacked out from the lack of breathing because of the panic attack, i heard someone open my bedroom door and shout my name.

Scarlett's pov:

Rose had woken me up because she had heard something shatter up in Y/n's room. "Mommy! I heard something break in Y/n's room!" I was worried. What if she was hurt?

I ran up to Y/n's room, opened the door and found her in the bed, having a panic attack and struggling to breathe.

I knew Y/n had panic attacks, but i didn't know they could get this bad. I hurried up to her and cupped her face with my hands so that she was looking up at me.

"Honey, are you alright, can you hear me sweeite?" I asked. She nodded her head, but she was still gasping for air. "Try to take a few deep breaths for me honey, can you do that for me?" She took a few shaky breaths and her breathing steadied slightly. I then held her close to my chest so that she could hear my heartbeat.

Lizzie had told me that asking really simple questions to distract from what was making a person have a panic attack could help, so that's what i did.

"Do you remember where we are sweetie?"

"We- We're in your h-house in my b-bedroom", she stuttered.

"What time is it sweetie?"

She looked at the clock and answered "i-it's 3am".

"Good job honey, you're doing so well", i reassured her while stroking her head.

I continued to ask her very simple questions like who i was, what colour the walls were and i asked her to name a movie i had been in. The questions helped her focus on something else, and she eventually calmed down.

"Im-I'm sorry, i shouldn't have w-woken you up, y-you've done so much for me already, I-"

This again. Y/n would always apologize for things she had no control over, and it broke my heart every time she said that she didn't want to bother me or be an inconvenience to me.

"Y/n Y/l/n. Look at me."

She looked at me, terrified. I never used her full name, but it was important to me that she understood that she was never an inconvenience to me.

"Sweetie, you are never an inconvenience to anyone, ever", i said with a stern voice.

"You are a wonderful girl, and i know that you aren't used to have people that love you, but that time is over."

"Your health and well-being is always going to be my first priority, and i want you to know that if something is bothering you, it could be anything, you can always talk to me or to Colin, because we care about you honey."

"All i want is for you to be happy."

"But-", Y/n tried.

"No buts, coming to me for help isn't being an inconvenience sweetheart, okay?"