Chapter 42

⚠️Warnings:⚠️

Y/n's pov:

I took a deep breath before clicking Scarlett's contact and calling her.

She picked up Immediately and I was about to say something, but I was cut off by her shouting.

"Hi mum, you-" I started, but was cut off immediately.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER YOUR PHONE, YOU HAD ME AND COLIN WORRIED SICK!" She shouted, clearly upset.

"I'm sorry, my phone was off, and-"

"I DON'T CARE, YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST SENT A MESSAGE SAYING YOU WERE OKAY, I THOUGH YOU WERE KIDNAPPED OR PASSED OUT IN THE BATHROOM BECAUSE OF A PANIC ATTACK OR SOMETHING!"

"Mum, I'm sorry, but I'm completely fine and-"

"YOUNG LADY, YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT! I WAS LEGITIMATELY SCARED FOR YOU!"

"You can come pick me up now if you want, we're pretty much done here", I said. "And again, I'm sorry mum, I should've sent you a text."

"YES YOU SHOULD'VE, I'M COMING NOW, I'LL BE THERE IN 5!"

I sighed and ended the call. Nathalie had been watching from afar with an amused look on her face. "Overprotective?" She asked me while trying not to crack up. "Yeah, pretty much", I sighed, too tired to care.

I told her that I would be picked up in 5, and we talked until I saw Scarlett's car park outside. We exchanged numbers, and I said goodbye to everyone except Nathalie, she insisted on walking me to the car which I accepted.

When we got out of the diner, I saw the car door open and Scarlett stepped out, wearing her usual sunglasses. I hugged Nathalie goodbye before walking over to Scarlett who launched herself into my arms.

"Hi mum", I smiled, struggling to breathe because of the tight hug but I didn't complain, Scarlett seemed like she needed it. "Oh honey, please don't scare me like that again, I was so worried", she said when we broke apart.

"Sorry, but look, I'm completely fine", I smiled and I noticed the tears in her eyes. "Let's go home shall we?" I suggested and she nodded. Before I closed the car door I waved at Nathalie and shouted a "bye, it was great meeting you, I'll see you around", before shutting the car door.

The moment I closed the car door, Scarlett was looking at me with a smirk. "What?" I asked. "Did you make any friends?" She questioned. "Well, I mean yeah, I talked with some of the other new actors, and I exchanged numbers with Nathalie, she's the one who followed me out", I explained and she nodded.

"Did you meet any cute boys?" She teased me, and I had to refrain from snorting. I hadn't told Scarlett my sexuality yet, and I wasn't planning on doing so today either. "Umm, no not really", I said, not going into detail.

"You sure?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows. "Yes, I'm sure, what's it with everyone and asking if I've found a nice guy?" I asked, getting a little frustrated. Scarlett just laughed at my frustration and started the car.

We drove in silence, I was too tired to say anything, and I knew that Scarlett had been really worried about me, so she just held my hand and rubbed occasional circles on it. I was just looking out the window trying to take in everything that had happened today.

I had actually bonded with Nathalie a lot more than I had thought, and I had also managed to not have another panic attack today, even though I had been on the verge of one. I still didn't know how I felt about Kaya, but she seemed nice enough once I started talking to her.

Dylan on the other hand, not so much. I mean, he was nice, just a bit flirty which made me a bit uncomfortable. Maybe if I told him I was gay he'd back off, but I certainly wasn't ready for that yet, I hadn't even come out to Scarlett yet.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Scarlett asked, cutting off my thoughts. "I'm just trying to take in everything that happened", I answered simply. "I forgot to ask, how did it go?" Scarlett inquired.

"Nothing really interesting, I mean, I made friends with a lot of the new actors because we're obviously all new, then we ate and everyone who was new got introduced, I then got dragged away to talk to some of the main cast from the first movie, and then I talked a bit with Nathalie", I shrugged.

"Did anything bad happen?" Scarlett asked with worry in her voice because I wasn't going into much detail. "No not really, I mean, one of the guys was being a bit flirty and I got kinda uncomfortable, but other than that, everyone was really lovely", I smiled.

"And I know that you're going to ask, yes I'm fine, just a bit tired, it's been a long day and being around a lot of new people drains be because of my social anxiety", I said before she got the chance to ask.

"How do you know me so well?" Scarlett laughed. "Maybe because you're my mum?" I said, emphasizing the word "mum" which made Scarlett's face light up like always. "I love when you call me mum, I though I'd be used to it by now, but clearly not", Scarlett mumbled, but I heard it nonetheless.

"Well, now that I finally have someone to call mum, I can't really waste that can I? Especially not when my mum is so amazing and caring", I smiled widely which made Scarlett smile back. "Aww stop it, you're making me emotional", Scarlett sniffled, wiping imaginary tears from her eyes.

Just then, we arrived at home and I dragged myself out of the car, finally noticing just how tired I was. Scarlett noticed it and said "Tired?" "Oh you have no idea", I responded while opening the front door.

Before I could even react I felt a little body come crashing into me and I immediately knew it was Rose. It was like 11pm, she should be in bed by now. Well, she was in her pajamas so I guess she was on her way.

"Sissy! You're finally home! Can you read me a bedtime story, pleaseeee?" She begged me with her puppy eyes. How could I say no to those? Despite my tiredness I agreed, and after taking my heels off, she dragged me upstairs.

I read a couple of pages and soon she was fast asleep. I turned the lights off and gave her a peck on the forehead before quietly shutting the door behind me. I tiptoed downstairs, not wanting to wake Rose up, and I then said my goodnights to both Scarlett and Colin before going to bed myself.

I wiped my makeup off and got ready for bed, and within 10 minutes of laying in bed, I was out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Hello lovely people, another day, another update. Sorry for updating a little later than usual, I kinda forgot I had to update today and I'm on my way to a birthday party rn so I figured I should probably update now.

This is really random, well kind of not, but I went to the cinema and saw Eternals yesterday with my bestie, and I just have to say, I LOVED IT!!!!

As always, remember to take care of yourself, if you haven't eaten today, please eat a little something, and if it's late please go to sleep, Wattpad won't go anywhere

Love you 3000 <3

Word count: 1271 words