Chapter 43

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ none

Y/n's pov:

-The day of Scarlett's birthday-

I woke up to my alarm blaring at 7am, and I internally cursed myself for setting an alarm so early, until I remembered why I had set an alarm in the first place. It was Scarlett's birthday today!

Suddenly wide awake, I jumped out of bed and found something to wear. I went for something comfy but still presentable. After dressing myself I went to the bathroom and washed my face as well as de-knotting my hair which was always a mess in the morning.

I then found my presents for Scarlett which I had wrapped days ago, along with the card I had written her. I had gone all out and written all about how much I appreciated Scarlett and how grateful I was, and I had also drawn her a little picture. Not my best work, but I had already drawn a portrait of her which she had already received, so I felt like it was fine.

The presents I had gotten her were obviously the heart necklace I had bought a while back, which was wrapped up nicely with a ribbon around it.

The necklace if you forgot how it looked^^ :) (if you don't like it, imagine smt else <3)

The other gifts were a little more personalized, I had gotten my favorite picture of me and Scarlett, and I had framed it in a beautiful white picture frame.

The last present was a picture album, which I had partially filled out with a lot of the pictures of me Scarlett and Colin. Most of the pictures were silly ones, like when I had booped Rose's nose with whipped cream on my finger, or when Scarlett and I had a flour fight.

Maybe my favorite one of all of us was when we had a move night, where I was cuddled up in between Scarlett and Colin and Rose was asleep on my chest. We looked like a proper family, and we all looked so happy and peaceful in that photo.

I had left a lot of the picture album empty so that Scarlett could fill it out with new photos as time went on. I gathered all of the presents and tiptoed downstairs because Scarlett was probably still asleep.

Colin and Rose were already awake, Rose was putting up decorations and Colin was making breakfast. I said good morning to both of them before setting my gifts down on the table along with the ones already there, most likely from Rose and Colin.

I then helped Rose hang up some balloons, and I also set the table. Rose then got bored and decided to go and watch some cartoons, so it was just me and Colin left. "I didn't know that you knew that today was Scarlett's birthday", Colin said, flipping some pancakes.

"Well, as a hardcore Marvel fan, I kind of had to know, besides, she's my mother so what kind of daughter am I if I don't know her birthday?" I said.

"So when is my birthday?" Colin tested me. "June 29th", I smiled and he looked impressed. "Wow you're really educated", he joked. We stood there in silence for a moment before I decided to ask him a question.

"Umm Colin, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah of course!"

"Would it maybe be okay if I called you dad? You know, I call Scarlett mum and since you're technically my dad now, I though it would be appropriate. If not that's completely fine-"

"Of course you can call me dad, I would love that! Call me whatever you're comfortable with, just not like "old man" or something", Colin joked. Classic Colin, always having to throw in a joke.

"But seriously, call me whatever you want", he gave me a warm smile and I hugged him tightly. "Thank you dad", I mumbled into the hug and I felt him smile. "I like the sound of that", he grinned.

Scarlett then walked in on us hugging with a grin on her face. "What's going on here, am I missing out on something?" She asked. Rose heard Scarlett's voice and she came sprinting into the kitchen before any of us could say anything.

"Mommyyyy, happy birthday!" She squealed before hugging Scarlett tightly. "Thank you so much Rosebud", she smiled at the excited kid hugging her. "Mommy (don't be dirty minded folks), I got you a present! Do you wanna see it?" Rose asked, still just as excited.

"How about we eat some breakfast first, okay?" Colin offered, and we all agreed. When Rose finally let go of Scarlett, I went up to her and hugged her. "Good morning and happy birthday, I hope you slept well", I said, smiling.

"Good morning sweetie and thank you, I slept really well thanks", she answered. We all sat down at the table which I had set earlier. Colin placed the food down in front of us, and we immediately started digging in.

Scarlett complimented both the food and the decorations, and Rose was rambling on about god knows what. After we finished breakfast, Rose was quick with getting her present and card from the table and handing them to Scarlett.

Seeing Rose this excited really made me smile, especially because I had helped her pick out the present. Rose had gotten Scarlett a weighted blanket (with a little help from me), a selection of movies and matching pajamas for the both of them, which I found absolutely adorable.

She had also made the card herself, and she had drawn a picture of Scarlett on the front. When she opened the present, her eyes immediately lit up. "Aww, thank you so much baby, now we can watch all of your favourite movies together!" She exclaimed and hugged Rose tightly.

She then opened the gifts from Colin, leaving mine until last. Colin had gotten her a beautiful bouquet of flowers, along with a bottle of Scarlett's favourite wine. He had also gotten her a spa day, which she admitted she really needed.

She gave Colin a peck on the lips, well, it was a little more than a peck, and both Rose and I scrunched our faces up in disgust, making both Scarlett and Colin giggle. "Gross", I mumbled, which made Scarlett laugh even more.

"Okay, stop laughing, or you won't get your present", I playfully threatened, and Scarlett immediately stopped laughing. "Thank you", I smiled before handing Scarlett her gifts. She read the card first, and by the end of it, she was already emotional.

———————————————————————————

A/n: What will Scarlett think to Y/n's presents? Also, sorry for the slight cliffhanger, I tried to make it as little cliffhangery (that's not a word) as possible.

Good morning/ good day/ good evening, how are yall doing? I'm doing well except I had to wake up at 6 bc I'm getting a new passport today as my old one has expired and I'm supposed to travel this Christmas, so yeah, that's fun

I hope you're doing well and that you're taking care of yourself :)

Love you 3000 <3

Word count: 1191 words