Chapter 10

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ Mention of abuse

Scarlett's pov:

I woke up the next morning from someone shifting beside me. I turned to face Y/n and she was smiling sleepily at me. "Sorry if i woke you up, you can go back to sleep if you want", she said in a groggy voice.

I glanced at the clock and saw it was 08:28 am. "No problem Y/n, did you sleep well?" I smiled at her. "Yes, for once i actually slept well, i feel safe with you." She mumbled the last part, but i heard it at it made me smile.

I'm happy you do, I'm getting up unless you want me to stay", i said. "You just get up, I'll be up in a minute, i just need to wake up a bit", she groaned.

I laughed at her sleepiness and walked to my closet to change. Y/n clearly wasn't a morning person. I put on some comfy clothes, aka a hoodie and some sweatpants. I then made my to the kitchen and made us some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Just as i was finished, Y/n walked into the kitchen, yawning. "Sleepy?" i giggled. "Yea, I'm not much of a morning person", Y/n answered while beginning to eat her breakfast. "I've noticed."

We began to eat in silence, and i thought this would be a good time to tell Y/n about my plans for today. "Hey Y/n. Would it be alright with you if we went shopping for some clothes for you?" i asked." She looked up at me. "Sorry, but you really need some new clothes", i continued. "

Y/n laughed and agreed with me. "I mean you're not wrong, but i just don't want to be an inconvenience to you, you've already done so much for me", she said shyly. "Hey! Stop saying that!"

"You're not an inconvenience to anyone sweetheart, understand?" I said while pulling her in for a hug. I might have hugged her a little too tightly because she flinched away from me when i touched her back. I had totally forgotten about her bruises!

"Omg honey, I'm so sorry!" I apologized. "Don't worry about it, I'm fine", she said while hugging me back. This made me tear up as i knew she was certainly not fine, and the fact that she even trusted me touching her after Mr. Williams had abused her, was a big step for her.

"Honey, I know you are not fine, and after breakfast I want to look at your back again to see how it's healing", i said. Her facial expression quickly changed, and i had to keep talking.

"I know you don't want to and if you're not comfortable with me touching your back, that's completely fine, i understand that, but i need to know that it's healing well and that none of the wounds are infected."

"If you want to, after we are done shopping we can go and get ice cream if you want." That seemed to convince her, and she nodded.

We finished our breakfast, and after Y/n had thanked me and said how good it tasted (which made me so happy), we headed to the bathroom.

I saw that Y/n was getting anxious, so i gave her a hug and a kiss on the forehead, and that seemed to calm her down a little. She sighed, took off her hoodie and turned around so that i could see.

All of the wounds had healed nicely, and the bruising wasn't as bad as the night i met her, but i was still bad. "Honey, if i put some more of that cream on, it's going to heal faster, but if you don't want me to, that's completely fine", i said to her.

She thought for a moment, and then she answered. "Alright, you can put the cream on." That was not the answer i was expecting, but the fact that she trusted me enough to let me do it, made me happy, and i quickly got the cream out. "I'm sorry honey, it might hurt a little", i said. "It's fine, just do it", she answered.

I saw that she tensed up, bracing herself for the pain. I felt so bad for her, she had to go through all of this pain, i wished there was something i could do. I mean, the least i could do was to be a good mother to her, and make her feel safe.

As i touched her back, she winced. I felt so bad for her, but before i could say anything, she apologized. "Sorry, I'll try to stay still." "Sweetie, you're not supposed to apologize", i said.

I wanted to distract her from the pain, so i started talking to her, which seemed to work ok. "Sorry for not telling you sooner, but we are actually leaving for LA tomorrow. We have finished filming here in London, so we are flying back to LA", i told her while applying the cream to her back.

"When we get there you'll finally get to meet Colin and Rose", i smiled at her. "I'm looking forward to it", she smiled back. Her smile quickly faded. "What if they don't like me? What if I'm not the daughter or sister they wanted?"

I took her head in my hands and turned her towards me so that she was looking up at me. "Listen, they're going to love you, Colin is so exited to meet you, and Rose has always wanted a big sister. Just be yourself, you'll be fine", i reassured her. I pulled her in for a hug, and we stood like that for a few minutes.

"Thank you Scarlett", Y/n said while smiling. "Any time, sweetie", i answered. "Oh, and I'm done with your back, you did an amazing job honey", i hugged Y/n again.

"Are we going shopping now?" Y/n asked me. "I mean, yea, if you're ready", i answered. "Yes, I'm ready", Y/n smiled.

"Alright then, let's go!" We went out to my car and started driving to the mall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: How are we already at chapter 10?!?! It feels like i started writing this last week xD Thank you so much for almost 4k reads!

I hope you're all doing well, and i hope you have a great day <3

(Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than usual)

Word count: 1039 words