unrequited 🔞

It's been a week since I last saw Yeji. Maybe she had left and went back to Seoul or wherever she ran off to in the first place.

I was so angry that night, all I did the rest of the day was write songs and ripped up every page after I wrote it, crying nonstop.

Somi couldn't even calm me. That was the first time she had seen me like this since she had met me. I always hid what was truly the problem. Finally I opened up to her about everything between me and Yeji when we started to date. But she doesn't know my full story. Nothing about my family besides the fact that my mother is dead and I have a sister and a cousin. That is it.

She knew to never question about it, which was weird because it seemed as if I had told her to never question it.

I would tell her about it if she asked but not unless she asks. It seems that every time I trust somebody, they disappear from my life. Like a flash of lighting.

My PTSD had gotten worse since Yeji left, but Somi never questioned it either, she only knew what to do when I came to those situations.

I lied in bed with a busting headache as the harsh rain slapped against the window pane. The palm trees outside started to fly with the wind.

I finally got out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey look who got up! It's 6 'o'clock now" Somi laughed as she looked up from her computer. She placed the computer on the sofa next to her and got up. She walked to where I was and wrapped her arms around my waist from behind.

"Sorry, I just have a bad headache" I said as I got into a cabinet to get medicine.

"It's okay babe, let me get you some water" Somi let go of me and grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

"Thanks babe, you are so helpful" I smiled at her and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Anything for my little slut" she kissed my head and chuckled.

I took the medicine and while I was taking a drink there was a knock on the door.

Somi smiled and walked over to the hall where the front door was. It was hidden so I couldn't see who was there.

I heard her open the door and a girls voice that echoed through the hall.

Somi returned with a look of guilt and held my hands. "She is here, she wants to talk to you"

I sighed annoyed and not sure what to do.
"Fuck"

I massaged my temples and took a deep breath. "She can come in"
Somi nodded and walked back to the door.

"Would you like a drink?" Somi offered to Yeji. Yeji shook her head politely as she looked at me. My blood started to boil.

"I only came to talk to Kenji, but thank you" Yeji followed Somi to the island where I was standing on the other side.

"We are about to have dinner...would you like to join us and you can talk about whatever you want with me?" I said hesitantly.

Somi's eyes widened as she looked at me.
"Are you sure?" She mouthed. I nodded reassuringly.

"Oh...i-I guess if that is okay with you both" Yeji looked at both of us.

"It's fine, we have lots of ingredients that need to be eaten so win-win" I said as a laughed awkwardly.

"O-okay" Yeji nodded and gave a slight smile. Suddenly I felt calm.

"You can sit at the stool while we make it, shouldn't take long" I said as I gathered ingredients for dinner.