Chapter 4 - [Save the Clan]

Hello!

YAY! Somewhat long chapter! HEHE!

So some of you may have a lot of questions after this chapter, but no worries, they will be answered soon! heehee! (And yes, thank you for your patience as always <3)

Thank you to everyone again for all your support!! Please continue to vote and comment! I love hearing what you think!

THANK YOU,

Luckycharms <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Meenu woke up the next morning, she was lying on her front and the first thing she saw was Avaryn standing in front of a tall mirror, fastening his sword and sheathe to his belt.

     In her half asleep, half awake state, all she could think of was how handsome he looked.

     His black hair was combed back neatly and it made his red eyes look so bright… like fire… even though the expression on his face looked kind of bored and tired.

     He wore a lot of layers. A black tunic, and on top of the black tunic was a coat and on top of that was his red cape that dragged against the floor.

     He definitely looked like a king.

     But the small frown on his face made it clear to her that he really didn’t like being one.

     Meenu lifted herself up, squinting because of the sunlight. “Morning.”

     Avaryn looked at her and smiled. He walked over to her and gave her a quick kiss. “Good morning. Your hair looks lovely.” He said before he walked over to his desk and shoved some other things into his belt.

     Meenu smirked and rolled her eyes before lying back down on the bed, this time on her back.

     Her hair was always an utter and complete mess in the morning. Easily comparable to a couple birds nests that sat on top of her head. That was a problem with having such curly hair.

     She stretched, and her heart skipped a beat as she reminded herself of how nice it was to sleep in the warm arms of the man she loved.

     “Did you sleep well?” Avaryn asked.

     She nodded. “Very well,” she said with a smile. “Where are you going?”

     Avaryn sat on the edge of the bed and put on his boots. “To do King stuff.”

     Meenu chuckled. “Like?”

     “Like judging criminals and making decisions and convincing all of Raffyre not to start a coup to get rid of me.”

     Meenu watched him as he stood up sighed. He clearly wasn’t having fun.

     But before she could make a comment, he turned and spoke first. “You can’t leave this room, do you understand?”

     Meenu sat up. “What?”

     “It’s too dangerous, especially with that ring still on your finger.”

     Meenu sighed, “when will Master Red be here?”

     “He should be back soon, if not already.” Avaryn said. “I’ll send him to you as soon as I can.”