Chapter 30 - [Noble Actions]

Hello everyone!! Please read this before you read on!! xD

First and foremost, I apologize for the horribly horrible cliff hanger! HAHA! I always have AT LEAST one of those in my stories! But to make you all feel better, I decided to upload this chapter early! To some of you, this chapter may seem super shocking... but others may have expected it! (PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FELT!!)

Secondly, I thought I would let you all know that this "book" is coming to an end... but when I say that I mean this book in a series. I imagined that this story would be told in three seperate "books" and so the first one is coming to an end very soon! HOWEVER!! No fear!! Nothing is going to change! I will continue to upload HERE weekly! The only odd thing is that there will be a new Prologue and the Chapters will start at Chapter 1 again. But this is just a heads up, I still have a few chapters to go before that happens! xD

Thank you to everyone who is still reading at this point in the story!! I hope you really enjoy this chapter and PLEASE let me know what you think in the comments!! I really LOVE reading what you all have to say and it really motivates me to keep writing! Also, don't forget to VOTE and become a fan!!

Take care and happy reading!! <3

-Luckycharms

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood spilled on the floor and the throne room was silent as Dukaryn stared in shock and Seliaryn stared back.

     The knight’s eyes were shining red in fury as he pressed his sword deeper into his king's flesh.

     The king choked, coughing out blood.

     And with just one hand, Seliaryn pulled his sword out from the King's heart.

     Dukaryn continued to stare, unable to believe what had just happened.

     Meenu suddenly collapsed onto the floor and when she looked behind her, Lord Roviaryn was gone.

     But she was too shocked by Seliaryn to care about his father.

     She watched as the man with a hole in his heart fell onto his knees, blood leaking from his chest and eyes wincing in pain.

     “Bastard,” he choked. “How could... you?”

     Seliaryn looked down at the man, his expression suddenly showing a hint of pity. “You truly are pathetic, Dukaryn.”

     “I'm your King!” He spat the overused threat right before he coughed out more blood and collapsed onto the floor.

     His crown fell off his head as he hit the ground, rattling against the floor at Seliaryn’s feet.

     Seliaryn watched the dead body for a moment. He then bent over and picked up the thick, gold crown.

     “Seliaryn...” Meenu whispered.

     He turned around to face Avaryn, his eyes stopping at Meenu for a long second.

     “You did what you had to do,” Avaryn said, reading the confusion on his former best friends face. “Thank you.”

     Seliaryn smirked. “I didn’t do it for you, and I don’t need your reassurance.”

     Avaryn gave him a short nod.

     “I won’t allow you to be King,” he said. “So I killed him. That makes me the King.”