Vishnupriya

.....Vishnupriya"

Maharaj Vrishabhanu and Maharani Kiriti along with the whole Barsana were overjoyed that their daughter Radha finally opened her eyes after 2 years. They were praying in Yamuna along with Nanda Maharaj and Yashodha maharani who came to Barsana to check on Radha along with their sister-in-law Rohini and her 4 year old son Balram along with their 2 year old Krishna and 11 month old Subhadra.

Few months before when Krishna couldn't taste any food worried Yashodha insisted on calling a skilled ved from Barsana. Upon hearing nanda maharaj and Yashodha maharani's request Vrishabhanu himself payed a visit to Gokul to check along with the ved.

The ved too couldn't identify the problem hence Vrishabhanu gave the suggestion of worshipping the water god Varuna who too is the deity of sense of taste. The couple took the suggestion and worshipped the water bodies of Gokul and nearby districts. One day while returning from worshipping another water body they decided to rest by Ganga. Ganga too being a water body they worshipped her. 

Pleased by their devotion Devi Ganga appeared infront of them and blessed Yashodha with her ganga jal from a gold water pot blessing her with a daughter who later 9 months took birth as Subhadra. After Subhadra's birth Krishna gained his sense of taste.

(The story of Subhadra's birth from other origins. This origin too is popularly accepted as krishna himself states that "Without you Subhadre I can't taste my food". And this story shall follow the theory of Subhadra being the daughter of yashodha and nanda blessed by Devi Ganga.) 

Upon Krishna appearing infront of Radha finally opened her eyes. In joy they held a big pooja where they offered their offerings to Devi Yamuna. As Kirti came forward to release the diya a giant closed lotus flower sprung out startling her.

"Where did this lotus sprung from?" Kiriti asks gaining all the attention. "Something is moving inside!" Rohini exclaims as the lotus moved. "Let's uproot it." Nanda says and Vrishabhanu uproots it. "Its heavy.. something must be inside." Vrishabhanu says.

He tries to open it but no use, they return back to Vrishabhanu bhavan and try to figure the close lotus out. Krishna who was moving around with radha noticed his brother Balram sitting near the table where the lotus was placed trying to figure it out.

He raced towards his brother with baby steps with Radha following behind. "Dau-" krishna stumbles and holds the lotus for support. "Aree! Kanha!" yashodha says standing. The lotus then blooms gaining everybody's attention.

A small fair baby draped in yellow clothing is revealed sleeping on pile of golds, coins, pearls, diamonds and other precious stones. "Who is this little devi?" Vrishabhanu asks. "Did anyone leave a child behind in the river?" Nanda asks and everybody shakes their head as no. 

"Such a beautiful, fair child she is. Who can leave this child?" Kiriti says. "If this child belongs to nobody then to who does she belong?" Vrishabhanu says. "She must be the blessing of the Gods." Rohini says.

"Yes, she must be a blessing of the Gods. The giant lotus sprung out from the deep Yamuna closed with this little devi inside sleeping on such valuable stones and golds. This lotus is giant enough for a person to sit when bloomed, seeing the lotus and gold with her fair complexion it reminds me of Goddess Mahalakshmi." Yashodha says.

"This little devi sprung from her abode in your arms bhabhi. Hence the devi chose you to nourish her." Nanda says. "if so then what should we name her? Her complexion is as fair as milk.. should we name her Gauri? But... no... what should we name her?" Kiriti asks. 

"Vishnupriya!" Krishna says and the little devi open her eyes. "She opened her eyes... Vishnupriya... Since upon Kanha's touch the flower bloomed and the devi opened her eyes. She will be named what Kanha said." Kiriti says says.