A Sakha To Whom I Will Never Say No PT.II

The roles had now reversed, instead of Vishnupriya krishna was the one who was following and pacifying her now. He tried every way possible but no use, Vishnupriya was ignoring his whole existence.

"Sakhi! Sakhi! See! What I brought for you! I- SAKHI! WAIT!" Krishna runs after Vishnupriya who was now heading back after finishing her work.

As Vishnupriya was returning from her work she bumped against a girl of her age. "Sorry! Sorry! I didn't watch where I was going." the girl says. "Its okay." Vishnupriya who was in a sour mood quickly gets going.

Noticing her sour mood the girl follows her. "Stop!" the girl says halting Vishnupriya. "Here! This will look good on you!" the girl says placing a yellow flower on Vishnupriya's hair. "See! You look so beautiful! Just like a princess!" the girl says as Vishnupriya looks at her reflecting in the water and smiles.

"My name is Subhadra! What's yours?" Subhadra asks. "Vishnupriya." Vishnupriya answers. "Come sakhi Vishnupriya! Lets go and get some kulfi!" Subhadra says and takes Vishnupriya with her.

"Kaka! Please give us two kulfi!" Subhadra says and the kaka gives the two one kulfi each. "Wait! Wait!" Subhadra says stopping Vishnupriya from eating the kulfi. "Lets go and eat somewhere else! I know a place!" Subhadra says and takes Vishnupriya near the banks of yamuna opposite to where the gopal come to graze their cows. 

"Here! Lets dip our feet here and eat the kulfi." Subhadra says. "Its tasty isn't it?" Subhadra asks making Vishnupriya nod while enjoying the sweetness of the kulfi. "Is something going on in sakhi's mind? You look tensed." Subhadra says. "Its.... its actually about an irritating boy who suddenly became my friend..." Vishnupriya explains everything to Subhadra. "I know I am at fault but I am trying to repent for it but that idiot!...." Vishnupriya says. 

"I'm sure he is trying to repent as well." Subhadra said. "He has nothing to repent for......... It was my fault since the beginning." Vishnupriya sighed as she finished her kulfi.

*The Next Day.*

"Arey! How did you suddenly get sick?" Kritika said tucking Vishnupriya's blanket properly to make sure she was warm. "She was all okay till dinner yesterday. How did she suddenly get fever?" Vrishvan said as he stroked his youngest's head gently as she slept.

"Maiya? How is Vishnu now?" Radha asked worried seeing her younger sister paler than usual fussing around uncomfortably in her sleep. "She is unable to get out of bed, Radha. She needs to rest, go and play with your friends. We will be here to take care of her." Kritika said stroking her head.

***** 

"Ved ji, you said the fever will go away. But it's been three days and her condition is getting only worse." Vrishvan said as he looked back where Vishnupriya was still in bed suffering with fever as Kritika tried to calm it down by placing wet cloth on her forehead.

"I have no idea, mukhiya ji. I have tried all the medicines that can be used to treat children." the ved ji said.

"Will she be okay, maiya?" Radha whispered to her mother. "Have faith on God, Radha. He will surely do something about this." Kritika said.

"I will be right back, maiya." Radha said as she got off the bed and made her way outside the bhavan to gather all her sakhis.

"Hmmmm? What are you gopis doing her all together?" Krishna asked when he saw them coming towards him and his friends as they were rearing cows.

"What did you do now you dusht mayavi?" Radha said placing her hands on her hips along with the rest of her friends. "What did I do now?" Krishna asked innocently.