Arc 2

Vishnupriya

Vishnupriya

Vishnupriya: The Beloved of Lord Vishnu

After Mukhiya Vrishabhanu and his wife Shrimati Kritika begot their fair child from the Yamuna River on the ninth month of the twenty fourth moon, she was named 'Vishnupriya' meaning 'The Beloved of Lord Vishnu' by Nanda and Yashodha's son Krishna.

The child with fair complexion and golden eyes was loved by all of Barsana who took her as a blessing of Yamuna. Growing up with her elder sister, Radha and her seven sakhis, sakhi Vishakha is said to be the closest to Vishnupriya's heart out of the seven sakhis.

As the daughter of a Yadava mukhiya, Vishnupriya followed the same pattern as her elder sister and received education at home from a rishi's wife.

She spent her childhood playing with her sakhis in the meadows, bathing early in the Yamuna, milking the cows, making butter with her mother and sister, visiting villages with her father and religiously worshipping the Supreme.

That was until a certain Krishna caught her attention along with rest of the gopi's. Vishnupriya could never say no to her priya gopala, she could go on watching him do absolutely nothing and she would be more than content with her life.

As she danced to his tunes, played the swing resting her head on his shoulder, she would do anything to hear and watch him play the flute all day till the end of her days. 

Even after Krishna left for Mathura and established Dwarka, Vishnupriya still resides and waits for him in Vrindavan leaving her childhood home Barsana. She knew he was more than just a maanmohana, so for now she would just put her faith on him and worship him, waiting for him, waiting for the separation to be over. 

because that is what every Vishnupriya has done in every yuga.