13

By the banks of Yamuna, the fair maiden of Vrindavan sat there seemingly talking to herself as she stared at the reflection in the water staring back at her. 

The possessor of the golden eyes which shone like the sun and complexion as fair as Mata Gauri, the pious daughter of Yadav Shresth Vrishabhanu; Vishnupriya.

The beauty possessed by the maiden sitting by the Yamuna was one of a kind. Her beauty wasn't any match to Krishna's Lakshmi roopi Ashtabharyas or any beauties from the ancient stories but it held a certain charm that never failed to mesmerize the on lookers.

Blessed with a complexion as fair as Mata Gauri, with long and graceful eyes shaped like a fish, she was also called Meenakshi. Her amber eyes which were often mistaken as golden were her most captivating features, once a person looked into her eyes not even Shyama could divert his eyes away from.

With her long dark hair left open and adorned in parijaat flowers. Dressed in white and pink, the child begotten from Yamuna sat there talking to herself finding comforts in the water of Yamuna.

"Where is he? What is he doing? When will he come?" Vishnupriya spoke to herself as her finger came in contact with the cold water of Yamuna.

"Does he still remember me?" she wondered out loud sighing as she rested her chin on her hand as she looked nowhere in particular.

.

..

...

"Madhav?" Krishna opened his eyes upon being called by the son of his bua. "Yes parth?" a smile graced his lips as he looked at the madhya pandav kumar. "Come, have a seat." he offered.

"What were you thinking about madhav? When I entered the room you looked like you were in a really deep thought." Arjun said taking his seat infront of his madhav.

"Just remembering somebody." Krishna answered catching Arjun's attention. "Somebody? Who is that somebody, madhav?" Arjun asked with curiosity laced in his voice.

"Let me guess......hmmmm.... Is it a beautiful woman? Or is it the beautiful woman that Satyabhama just told me about?" Arjun said. One of the first thing that Arjun was welcomed with after entering Dwarka was Krishna's third wife and his close friend Satyabhama telling him about the beautiful woman whom Kalindi mentioned had a spell on her and Krishna.

"Satya, already told you. Didn't she?" Krishna laughed. "The first thing I received wasn't a greeting or a glass of water but your beloved wife dragging me to a corner to tell how her co-wife revealed that their husband was under a spell of a beautiful woman. And how she was offended that only Kalindi knew and she didn't." Arjun said.

"So did she send you to find out who the beautiful woman in question is?" Arjuna's madhav asked. "No she didn't. But after hearing the whole story I too am curious of this woman's identity." Arjun said.

"Hmm.... why should I tell you about her though Parth?" Keshav said with his usual light and mischievous tone. "Why madhav? Aren't I your best friend? And somebody wise once you shouldn't hide anything from your best friend." Arjun replied.

"Indeed, indeed. You are right Parth. You shouldn't hide anything from your best friend. But it isn't right to use your own best friend's words against him." Keshav replied laughing since he was the 'somebody wise' Arjun just mentioned.

"Don't try to dodge the question now, Madhav." Arjun said. "You really want to know it Parth?" Keshav raised an eyebrow to which Arjun nodded. 

"Let me tell you then. It was back in Vrindavan when I was still with Nanda baba and Yashodha maiya. I had many female friends there as you know but then suddenly on the 24th day of the ninth month a mayavi casted a spell on me which I still haven't been able to break free of." Krishna said making Arjuna's eyes wide.