23

The gopikas of Braj laughed and giggled as they all got ready. Vishnupriya stayed quiet as she combed her hair smiling to herself.

"Somebody looks really happy." Vishakha laughed nudging Vishnupriya. "How can I not, sakhi? Shyam is finally back. After years he finally came back." Vishnupriya smiled, her happiness expressed clearly in her face as she braided her hair.

"Look at her sakhiyon. This is the very same Yashaswini of Kanhaiya who was so upset and angry at us just a day ago." Rangadevi said earning laughter and giggles from their friends. "I'm still upset at you all for leaving me so suddenly all alone in the Yamuna." Vishnupriya huffed turning away, facing the other way.

Seeing that the gopika sakhis made their way to pacify the youngest of them all who just ignored them as she continued her shringar. 

"Look at us na, sakhi." one of the gopika sakhis named Sadhvi called but no avail. Vishnupriya didn't turn around. "Show us your beautiful face, Chandramukhi." the gopikas said.

"No, I'm not going to be facing any of you or talking to any of you since I'm still upset." Vishnupriya said as she braided her hair. "Not even me?" Vishnupriya quickly let go of her braid and immediately stood up turning around.

"I suddenly feel replaced in my best friend's life." Vishakha said as she watched Vishnupriya abandon everything to respond to the Devaki nandan. "It used to be me before." she added as she watched the gopis make space for Krishna to approach Vishnupriya.

"And it used to be me first even before you." Krishna replied teasingly. "What do you mean? I was the first even before you came to Barsana. I've known sakhi Vishnupriya ever since she was born." Vishakha said.

"Sakhi! You are angry and upset with us but not this Shyam of yours who was the mastermind behind this all?" Vishakha turned to Vishnupriya with her hands resting on her hips.

"Do you really think I would be angry at my Shyam who returned back after so long?" Vishnupriya said, her face radiant as ever as she took light steps towards the maanmohana, her eyes never leaving his.

"Such partiality sakhi?" Tungavidhya complained with a smile adorning her beautiful face as she watched Vishnupriya walk towards Krishna with an expression of utter adoration, her eyes only fixed on the Ghan Shyam before her.

"Why is this special treatment only limited towards, Kanhaiya? Are we not dear to you, sakhi Vishnupriya?" Sudevi asked. "No, not at all. Why would you all be dear to Yashaswini when I'm right here?" Krishna jested earning a playful roll of eye from all of his sakhis.

"Aren't I right?" he looked at Vishnupriya who now stood infront of him. "All of my gopika sakhis are very dear to me. Don't tease them like that, Krishn." Vishnupriya smiled.

"But am I wrong?" he asked once again. Vishnupriya remained silent but all the gopika sakhis present there knew the answer since all of them felt the same way for the handsome lord. He not only had control of their heart but had the control over their whole being and existence. Their sole reason of existence was Krishna, their sole purpose in life was to serve him as for they couldn't imagine a world without their Krishna in it.

"Besides did a new trend come when I was away? Is this how you do your shringar now, sakhi?" Krishna teased as he pulled her long and dark hair which had come half undone since she had left her shringar midway when Krishna had entered the picture.

"If you are here to pick out flaws then to do that you need to be a master at it first." Vishnupriya said pulling her hair back. "So what do you say Krishn Kanhaiya? Will you show me the right way to do the shringar?" she asked to which he simply smiled.