A Sakha To Whom I Will Never Say No

Vishnupriya had been acting like a spy for her friends. She had been reporting each and every movements of Krishna and his friends to Radha.

"Very good choti!" radha says as Vishnupriya reports all the movements from past few days. "Now let's make a plan!" lalita says and they start to make a counter plan. They all were busy making plans except for Vishakha and Vishnupriya.

"Don't you feel bad sakhi? Isn't this playing with krishna's feelings?" Vishakha asks. "I too am feeling guilty sakhi. Krishn is such a great friend along with Balram dau and other friends dama, Sridama, sudama and the rest too are very welcoming and warm to me." Vishnupriya says.

"Now what are you planning to do sakhi?" Vishakha asks. "Krishn has been a great friend to me I can't just go on deceiving him but radha didi is my didi I can't just suddenly leave her side." Vishnupriya says.

"Krishna and his friend will be heartbroken when they find the truth. And dau as well, dau always treats us right with love." Vishakha says. "Yes sakhi you are right. I can't just keep on deceiving them. I will tell Krishn the truth." Vishnupriya says. "Don't worry I too will support you. I won't tell this to any other sakhis." Vishakha says.

*****

"Krishn!" Vishnupriya calls running over to krishn who was sitting by the river. "Sakhi? What brings you here?" krishna gives his innocent smile halting Vishnupriya.

"Such an innocent smile. If I say him directly then he will be heartbroken and might never trust me again or make new friends." Vishnupriya goes into deep overthinking.

She is mentally conversing with herself unaware that Krishna knows what's going on in her mind and copies her hand gestures.

"Lets first cool him with makhan." Vishnupriya thinks and looks up at Krishna who immediately stopped copying his sakhi. "Come Kanha! I just made makhan this morning!" Vishnupriya drags Krishna to her bhavan.

"Mhhmm! This is delicious!" krishna says busy being fed by Vishnupriya who was a nervous wreck from inside. "Krishn... what will you do if one of your friends come out as a black sheep?" Vishnupriya asks.

"I trust my friends with my life! They are pure white cows!" krishna says. "Cows?" Vishnupriya asks. "I graze cows so sheep sound abit out place." krishna says. "But why do you ask so sakhi?" Krishna asks.

"Just I just wanted to know your reaction out of curiosity." Vishnupriya says. "If something like that happens then I will go in deep depression and will never even look at the person." Krishna says making Vishnupriya gulp.

"Not even look at that person? Isn't that abit too extreme?" Vishnupriya asks. "No it isn't. I trust my- sakhi my mouth is here, yes- So as I was saying I trust my friends with my life and am willing to sacrifice my life to save theirs. Like you and Sudama! You are my best friend who will always reside deep in my heart and hold a special place high up in my life. I trust you with my life and am even willing to give up mine." krishna says.

"Hey prabhu! I have committed a grave sin by playing this innocent one's feelings. Now what should I do?" Vishnupriya mentally asks for help to god. "Just tell the truth." krishna says choking her on air.

"I mean if my friends are betraying me then they should tell the truth beforehand or I will never trust them ever again." Krishna says. "Never again?" Vishnupriya asks. "Yes, not even the slightest. Not even in all the next coming janams." Krishna says. 

"I hardly trust people around me fully. You are one of the few special people whom I trust fully." Krishna says. "Few? Special? Trusts me fully?" Vishnupriya asks making krishna nod.

"No! No! I can't do this! I can't keep on deceiving him!" Vishnupriya goes back into her overthinking while krishna just enjoys the moment. "I... I have to tell him! Hey prabhu! Please keep Krishn's anger under control!" Vishnupriya mentally prays to god while krishna is thinking of the drama he is planning to do excitedly.

"Do you have something to say? You look tensed." Krishna says. "Krishn.. actually......" Vishnupriya explains everything.

"Kya? Kya? Kya?" Krishna says overdramatically 3 times like the the tele serials. "Krish-" "Hey Narayan! Such a big fraud? Betrayal?" Krishna says dramatically with his hands on his ears.

"Krishn listen na." Vishnupriya says. "Bas! Bas Vishnupriya Bas! I trusted you! Made you my friend! Told you everything that even my lovely maiya didn't know about and you?" Krishna says dramatically.

"I thought our friendship was strong and would last forever. But you? You just befriended me to know my plans?" Krishna says dramatically fake weeping panicking Vishnupriya. 

"Krishn! Krishn!-" Vishnupriya is cut off by krishna's unnecessarily overdramatic weeping. "I am never talking to you! I am going!" krishna weeps. "No! No! Wait!" Vishnupriya follows Krishna who is secretly smiling enjoying the attention he is getting.

*****

"Krishn!! See! I made makhan for you! Don't you enjoy it?" Vishnupriya says sitting besides Krishna who faces away. "Krishn!! I am sorry!!! At least look at me." Vishnupriya says changing her seat to the direction krishna faced but he just turned away to another direction.

*****

"Krishn! Krishn! O Krishn!" Vishnupriya calls following krishn who was pretending not to hear her enjoying the attention his was getting. Vishnupriya followed him everywhere trying to get him to talk to her or at least face her.

******

"Krishn...Krishn... KRISHN!" Vishnupriya finally loses her cool startling krishna who was sitting by the Yamuna. "Who the hell do you think you are? I have been following you, trying to talk to you for days but you aren't even baiting an eye. What do you exactly think of yourself> That you can do anything and everything by your maya? Everything will go according to your will?" Vishnupriya asks threateningly.

"AYEE!" krishna says abit loudly taking himself and Vishnupriya back. "Ahem... ahem.. why...who... I didn't know I could speak that loudly nevermind... you... I..." krishna mumbles.

"Yes just keep on mumbling and bumbling your yourself like a bumble bee. You break our pots! We suffer and pay for it. You steal our makhan! We pay for the loss! You steal our flower basket and garland! We suffer! You do all the mischiefs! And we suffer whereas all you do is laugh at our misery! It actually should be you who should be playing my role trying to pacify me not me pacifying you!" Vishnupriya says making krishna gulp. 

"You don't want to talk na! Then fine! Don't talk! I have many other friends who understands me!" Vishnupriya says and goes away. Dadhilobha who was witnessing everything on the branch of the tree falls on his back laughing at Krishna seeing his attack backfiring at him.

Dadhilobha fell rolling on top of krishna head while laughing. "Ayee! You monkey!" krishna yeets him off his head but Dadhilobha just continued laughing. After  recovering from his laughing fit Dadhilobha stand and shows krishna his thumb while sticking his tongue out and pulling his lower eyelid down and falls back laughing.

"You! I will deal with you later! Sakhi! O sakhi! Stop na! I am ready to talk! I was just joking!" Krishna shouts. "But I wasn't!" Vishnupriya shouts back. "Why am I even talking to you and wasting my time?" Vishnupriya says and continue heading back and Dadhilobha falls back rolling with laughter. "You! I will deal with you later!" Krishna says and follows Vishnupriya while calling her name.