20

It was mid afternoon, the golden rays of the sun engulfing the green grassland. The son of Printha; Parth sighed mumbling to himself as he wandered in the beautiful land of Braj. 

He sighed rubbing his back. "I'm tired." he said halting. His eyes fell on the huge tree with it's huge roots growing above the ground. The tree was the largest tree in the entire Vrindavan and growing in the heart of the Vrindavan.

Arjun sighed and went towards the tree and searched the whole area. "Ahh! I'm tired." Arjuna sighed frustratedly as he climbed on top of the root and sat there leaning against the tree. He took a deep breath and sighed looking at the landscape of Vrindavan.

Honestly he found his time as Rajkumar Arjuna in Vrindavan extremely boring and plain compared to those days a few days ago where he lived as Brihannala roaming around with the gopika sakhis and Vishnupriya, helping them in their work while listening to talk about Krishna non-stop.

It had been an exhausting day for him, he had spent the whole entire three days and nights travelling from Dwarka to Vrindavan. As he felt the cool breeze pass by him messing him hair a little and the warm sunlight hitting his skin, he felt his eyes getting heavy.

.

..

In a while Arjuna opened as his ears perked up upon hearing the sweet melody of the flute. he opened his eyes to find that the sun was already setting, retiring for the day. It's the silky, smooth collusion of skyburst reds and yellows into the calm of night that made the whole land of Braj look even more magical.

Arjuna stood up immediately from his seat, he noticed that the melody of the flute was coming from just other side of the tree so by carefully jumping from one root to the other he reach on the other side.

His eyes widened upon seeing his Madhav sitting there playing his flute. "Madhav!?" Arjun questioned trying to make his way towards him. "I've been searching-" he stopped midway when he noticed that his Madhav looked abit different. He still held those beautiful features that Arjuna remembers but he looked alot younger, almost like as if the picture that Vishnupriya always carries around in her locket came to life.

He then noticed that unlike his usual royal attire, his Madhav was dressed in simple clothes, simple jewelry with a red piece cloth tired on his head and a peacock feather tucked on it. Besides him as he played the flute, Vishnupriya sat there with her eyes closed and head rested on her Shyam's shoulder. She looked alot younger as well, dressed in golden and dark blue garments, wearing the haath phool and jhumka bangles along with the nath that chimes which she had mentioned that her Shyam adored alot. Her hair left open adorned in flowers, maang tika and a chandrika.

Arjuna stood there in confusion upon the sight. He looked around to see that all the gopika of Braj were seated down on the ground with their eyes closed as they continued to listen to the music that they have been listened for hours. He could spot Vishakha, Rangadevi, Tungavidhya at the front with alot more familiar faces. They all looked younger.

"Psst. pst." Arjuna tried to call Vishakha but in vain. Nobody seemed to hear him, they look way too lost in the tune that Keshava played. Arjuna couldn't blame them since this was the sweetest tune he had ever heard, sweeter than that of when his Madhava played back in Dwarka.

Arjun noticed that the melody had stopped. He turned back to his Madhav who had finally opened his eyes. Arjuna stepped closer to them but to his surprise his madhava didn't see jim or even look at him. His first instinct after opening his eyes was to look at his dearest sakhi besides him.

"My dearest." he spoke in a voice filled with affection. "Won't you open your eyes to see your Shyam now?" he questioned. Vishnupriya who had her eyes closed with head still resting on his shoulder smiled, she did hear him but didn't respond to him.