Chapter 8

AVA'S POV

He might as well have stabbed me with a pitchfork. My boyfriend- my first boyfriend- was leaving in four days. His blue eyes were full of sorrow, and I'm sure mine were similar. I swallowed.

"Well, I guess we'll have to make the best out of these next four days..." I replied softly, causing him to look at me confused.

"You're not... Upset?"

"Of course I'm upset, Louis! I just figure that if I only have four days before my boyfriend leaves, I might as well make the most of it," I answered, and he smirked.

"I guess you're right... So... I guess we gotta make the announcement." He told me, grinning.

"Announcement?" My eyebrows scrunched together.

"Well, first we have to tell Kerry and my family, then the boys, then we have to announce it to the fans... But that one has to be really special..." He started, his face brightening with every word.

"Why don't we just tell the fans? Like... Announce it on twitter or something..." He laughed. No, he cracked up. I didn't know what was so funny.

LOUIS POV

Oh, she had no idea the plan I was formulating. It had to be special, and here she was mentioning twitter. Hah. She will see just what I mean. In about... Say a couple months? I wasn't sure I could wait that long, but if I wanted it to be THAT special... I was going to have to.

"What's so funny?" She asked, confused. Unfortunately, this just caused me to laugh harder. When I finally caught my breath, I looked into her stunning dark blue eyes.

"Oh, Twitter won't be necessary. I no EXACTLY how we will announce it. " I grinned, and she looked a little frightened. "Oh, you just wait! This is gonna be awesome!" The waitress came back around to give us our check, which I payed. I clasped my girlfriends soft hand, and helped her out of te small booth she looked confused.

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see" I had a crazy grin on my face.

AVA'S POV

Well, I'm not sure what I agreed to, but soon I found myself in Louis' car, speeding to who-knows-where. He hand one hand on the steering wheel, the other clutched my hand. I know what you're thinking- there's no way they could be acting like this after a couple days- but, hey, haven't you read Shakespeare? Lucentio fell for Bianca without even speaking to her!

"Hey! Turn it up!" Louis cried, and I began Torsten to the quiet radio. I recognized the blend if voices from the rehearsal. I didn't recognize the song, but I reached for the volume. "Yo can't go to bed without a cup of tea, and maybe that's the reason you talk in your sleep-" he began, making me smile. The sun had just peaked out from the horizon, and I realized just how long we had been driving.

"Lou, where are we going?"

"I told you! It's a surprise!" He grinned, "oh, can you text the lads and tell them to go to Bianca?" He handed me his phone. Bianca? What in the world? Anyways, I did as I was told. I felt my eyelids droop... And soon I felt strong hands o y shoulders.

"WE ARE HERE!" My eyes shot open. First I noticed the smell, then my surroundings, and my jaw dropped.

The smell of flowers intoxicated me, and the pine trees at the edge of the opening created privacy. But, in the middle of the flowery pasture, was a glittering, blue lake. It was gorgeous.

"Ava, welcome to Lake Bianca!" Louis grinned, opening my door.

"Wow. Is this... Real? It looks like one of those places for romance movies..." I mumbled, walking through the flowers in the dim light.

"Oh, it's real! The boys and I come here all the time. The paparazzi don't know about this place, so we come to get some privacy." He chuckled as I stumbled over a small twig.

"It's so... Beautiful!" I walked to the edge of the lake, and outstretched my hand. A bitter cold greeted me, and I yanked my hand back, causing Lou to laugh.

"Oh,let's see how you like the water, Mr. Tomlinson!" I exclaimed, standing up and going over to him. His eyes widened as I took a hold of his hands and began to drag him towards the lake. But he realized what was happening too late. I had already spun around and shoved him into the cold liquid. His head popped up, and he sputtered, splashed, and screamed. I laughed, watching him flail as he attempted to flee the freezing water. I turned around for a split second, and that was my fatal mistake. Two strong arms wrapped around my waist, two very wet arms, might I add. I let out a high-pitched scream as I felt myself being lifted towards the water. Louis laughed as he tossed me gently into the air.

LOUIS POV

Oh, gosh. Her face was priceless. It was one of pure panic. Her eyes opened wide, her arms waving for something to save her. But then, she hit the water. And when her head popped up, she was shrieking. Her hair heavily dangling, her bangs in her face. I threw my head back laughing.

AVA'S POV

The water was colder than Antarctica. Not even kidding. My teeth chattered when I surfaced. And Louis just laughed, but I guess that's pretty much what I did to him. Soon, I found myself laughing, too. I wasn't sure why, as I was literally freezing, but I just couldn't help but laugh. I managed to get out of the lake, and walked over to Louis. For the next few hours, we sat in the long grass and talked. We talked about everything from books to countries to band aids. (Don't even ask, trust me, you DON'T want to know). The sun soon was well on its way to its peak in the blue sky.

"So, Ava, serious question, Coke or Pepsi?" I laughed, but his face was dead serious.

"Definitely Coke!" I exclaimed. He grinned.

"Good, I wouldn't want to have to dump you already!" He replied

"Dump her? What do you mean?" A voice behind us asked. We looked up to see Zayn, a confused look on his face.

Ok, I gotta admit, I felt pretty bad. He had bruises and scratches than had most definitely not been there when I first met him. Louis grinned wildly.

"Hey Zayn!" He exclaimed. "Hi Liam! Niall, I see you behind that tree, and Harry... For goodness sakes, ge out if the car!" He called. I looked back. Frankly, I saw Liam leaning against the car, and Zayn standing there, but I didn't see Niall until he stepped out awkwardly from behind a large tree. Harry opened the car for and got out. Louis motioned them forward.

"Lou, this better be important. You know it takes three hours to drive up here. " Harry muttered. Lou grinned.

"Oh it is. Boys, I'd like you to meet Ava. " they looked at each other confused. Well, until he added, "my girlfriend."

AUTHORS NOTE

Sorry it took me so long to update! I feel terrible! Anyways, I hope you guys like it :)