Chapter 10

LOUIS POV

Mom looked at me quizzically, her eyes conveying the shock she felt. Ava was motionless beside me, she didn't even appear to be breathing. I glanced nervously at Ava, who sent a look if alarm my way.

"That's... Really funny, Lou." Mom exclaimed, laughing, trying to shrug off what I had just said. "What did you really come here to talk to me about?"

"Mom. I'm not kidding. Ava is my girlfriend." I answered, trying my best to remain calm. She narrowed her eyes at me, glancing back and forth between me and Ava.

"You got yourself a girl, huh?" She murmured, probably more to herself than to me. I swallowed, and nodded, not taking my eyes off of my stunned mother. "Hmmm... Lou, may I have a word with you in the kitchen?" I lanced at Ava, who gave me a slight nod. I got up and follower my mom into the kitchen.

"What is it, mom?" I asked tentatively. She rolled her eyes.

"You can't be serious! She's your girlfriend?!" I nodded. "You've known her for what, a couple days?"

"Mom, alot can happen in a couple of days!"

"Lou, you're just going to end up hurting her!"

"Mom! I know you have this whole little 'fantasy dream land' where me and Eleanor get back together! NEWSFLASH: Eleanor is gone. And she's not coming back. Frankly, I'm fine with that!"

AVAS POV

I'm not sure why they had to leave the room, I could hear their every word clearly. I was hoping she would like me. I really was.

"Lou! You were happier with her than I've ever seen you! You don't just move on from that!"

"Mom! She deceived me!!! Me and her are NEVER getting back together, and that's something that you just need to accept!"

"I'm not going to accept that, Louis! You two were made for each-"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT!"

"LOUIS WHAT'S SO WRONG WITH ADMITTING IT?"

"I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!"

"YOU ARE GOING TO HURT HER! IM JUST TRYING TO WARN YOU NOW, AND SAVE YOUR FRIENDSHIP WITH AVA!"

"I DON'T WANNA BE FRIENDS WITH HER! I WANT TO BE HER BOYFRIEND!"

"NO YOU DON'T LOUIS! YOU JUST THINK YOU DO!"

"THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU!"

"OH, SHUT UP!"

"MOM, I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL, IM GOING TO DATE AVA WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!"

"LOUIS!"

"AND I KNOW YOU WOULD LOVE AVA MUCH MORE THAN YOU EVER LIKED ELEANOR, IF YPU JUST GAVE HER A FREAKING CHANCE!"

I sat there, awkwardly listening to them. Tears brimmed my eyes, I hadn't meant to cause any drama. I really hadn't. Especially not between Lou and his mom. I wanted her to like me. But, it was clear now that THAT wasn't going to happen.

"LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON! DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM ME!" I heard a stern Mrs. Tomlinson shout as a red-faced Louis emerged from the door. He stormed over to me, grabbed my hand, and pulled me out the door. Well, that went well.

"Louis?" I asked carefully. He glanced at me, his nostrils flares. "I'm sorry." His face immediately softened.

"Ava, you have nothing to be sorry about! It's my moms fault that she cant get over the fact that my ex is, well, my ex. Don't apologize." He replied, opening my car door for me.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, once Louis turned the keys.

"I don't even know. Just away. I need to get away from her. Or I might then around and do something incredibly stupid."

So there we were. Driving to who-knows-where. The fans didn't know, the boys and their girls were ecstatic, and I'm pretty sure Lou's mom hated me.

LOUIS POV

I couldn't believe it. My mom had WAY overreacted. And poor Ava could probably hear every word we had said. Gosh, mom. Be a little considerate. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved my mom, that is- until she starts talking about Eleanor Or talking badly about my girlfriend.

I'm not even sure where I was driving to. I was just driving. Driving away. Away from mom, away from Eleanor, away from the past. Just away. I needed to get away for a little while.

The road stretched out in front of me, and Ava sat quietly in the seat next to me. She had APOLOGIZED. Freaking apologized. It not like SHE had done anything wrong. No, if anyone should be handing out apologies, it should be mom.

"I'm so sorry, Ava. My mom, she really really liked Eleanor." I apologized.

"Obviously." Was her weak reply.

"It's just, Eleanor was my first SERIOUS girlfriend, and mom sorta took her in and made her apart of this family." I attempted to explain.

"Oh." She relied again. Gosh, what was with these one-word answers?

"Ava." I pulled the car to the side of the road, and turned towards her. She looked out the window. "Look at me". She complied reluctantly. "I am going to date you. My mom is not going to change that. She will get used to the idea, and I'm positive she will like you. Just as much as I like you." I could see tears in Ava's eyes. What did she have to cry about? She hadn't done anything.

"I know. It's just... I wanted to make a good first impression." She replied in a quiet voice.

"Don't take it personally. She would've reacted that way with any girl." I answered. "Shes a little stubborn." I smirked a little.

"But I just. I wanted so badly for her to like me, Lou. I just wanted her approval."

"You will get it. She just needs to get used to the idea that Eleanor is gone and I've moved on. To better things." This time it was her turn to smirk.

"That was cheeky." She replied, and I winked, making her laugh. Gosh, her laugh was incredible.

"Hey... I have an idea... Do you like food?" She nodded, confused. "And shopping?" Again, she nodded. Still clearly confused. "And attractions?" She nodded, looking at me quizzically. I smiled cheekily and the car sputtered to life.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see. Oh, you shall see, love!" I threw in a wink at the end, and a smile plastered itself onto my face as I sped down the empty road.

Now, THIS was going to be fun. And I wasn't going to forget this day for a long,long time.

AUTHORS NOTE

please comment and vote! I love you all and I'm sorry it took me so long to update! The next chapter will be dedicated to one of my commenters ;) love you guys!