9. hey clown, jester, you have done it again

"Oh god, it's another one of those dreams."

Yuu was in what looked to be like a garden. But everything was in greyscale, yet Yuu saw a flash of red in the corner of their eye. They spot a bunch of sentient cards. They were painting the white rose bushes. The cards didn't notice Yuu, despite them not making much effort to stay quiet.

"Quickly, we must paint the roses red!"

"Hurry, there are still some roses left unpainted."

Two cards, a trump card and an ace card, were hurriedly splashing red paint on the roses. A young girl in a dress, pinafore, and a black bow walked up to them. She seemed just as confused as Yuu.

"Why are you painting the roses red?"

The cards, too busy to look at her, answered. "Eh? Well, we accidentally planted white roses. And the queen likes them red, so if they're white, then it's off with our heads!"

Yeesh.

"...Is that so?"

A card with three clubs painting the bush next to them turned to the girl. "That's why we're painting the roses red."

And everything faded to black.

Yuu woke up. It was still the middle of the night.

"That was...weird."

Suddenly, they heard a faint knocking from downstairs.

Who's knocking at the door this late?

Grim was awake as well. "Who's bothering us at this hour? Is it the ghosts again? Ugh, I give up."

The two went downstairs, Yuu holding a butter knife in case it was someone they didn't know.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Ace. Just let me in for a bit!"

Oh phew, it's just Ace. Why is he here?

Yuu opened the door.

"It's really late Ac- pffff, what the fuck are you wearing?"

Ace had a giant collar around his neck. It looked like the one Grim had in the ceremony.

"Shut up, I didn't willingly put this on. I'm never returning to Heartslabyul. Starting right now I'm a member of this dorm!"
___________________________________

Yuu brought water for everyone as they all hung out in the lobby.

"So, why are you wearing that collar?" Grim asked Ace.

"Cause I ate a tart."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, that's all. I was hungry, so I went into the dorm kitchen and there was a chilled tart in the fridge." Ace began to explain what happened.

💃~dramatic flashback~💃

"Ha, I'm so tired after the first day. I haven't even eaten. I'm so hungry."

Ace opened the fridge.

"What's in the fridge? Ah, there's a tart! Looks delicious. There's so much, wouldn't hurt if I took a slice."

Ace happily ate the tart.

"Wow! What is this? Swe-"

"It's delicious obviously. Because the tart was made by Trey. Everything Trey makes is excellent."

"No, it's really delicious! Better than the ones from the store- EH?! DORM LEADER?"

Riddle, the dorm leader, glared at the ginger. "You have a lot of nerve to put your hands on things that belong to me. Article 89: Queen of Hearts Law: You will never eat my tarts without my permission! Tart theft is an unforgivable felony. OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"