34. fool me once, shame on you!! fool me twice, um uhhh umm er uh emm

Those three dudes from the goddamn fish dorm were standing at the door leering down at them, Jade and Azul with smug expressions and Floyd just laughing his ass off.

Jack gritted his teeth, still recovering from the pain. "So you did notice us, you bastards!"

Azul smiled and shook his head. "But of course. Your fuzzy tail was on full display from under the desk. It seems you were trying to steal the contracts. Unfortunately for you, I had put a spell that electrocutes anyone besides me who touches it." Just to rub salt into the wound, he picked up the contracts and waved them around.

"Y-you went that far?" Ace stammered as he tried to pick his head up from the floor.

"Didn't I tell you? My contracts cannot possibly be destroyed."

Floyd elbowed Jade, still laughing. "These guys are total idiots! What's the point of coming back if you know what's gonna happen?"

"We got a lot to lose, y'know." Yuu snapped, which only amused Floyd more. He leaned in and grinned.

"Well, if the shoe fits..."

"Yeah, lean in closer. I'll show you where my shoe fits-"

Jade put a hand on his brother's shoulder to pull him back. "Now now Floyd, you're being so mean. Look at how pitiful they are." His smile turned sinister. "After all, this was the best they could come up with despite being brainless."

Azul clicked his tongue, adjusting his glasses. "The bad ones who steal things that do not belong to them deserve punishment."

As if it were a cue, Jade and Floyd stepped in front of him, ready to fight.

Jack bared his teeth, hair raised. "Get ready!" he signaled his fellow freshmen.

_______________________________

The fight was extremely one sided. No matter what spells were thrown at them or the contracts, the three Octavinelle  students made it crystal clear that they were a force to be reckoned with. The first years were once again completely out of energy.

Jack wiped sweat from his brow. "Dammit, the dorm leader is so strong."

"If this is what it takes to subdue you, then there is no hope in you stealing the contracts." Azul scoffed.

The twins continued to taunt them.

"Wouldn't it be easier if you just went to the Atlantica Memorial Museum? I wonder why you went through all the trouble..." Floyd giggled.

Jade still had that scary ass smile. "Your deadline's tomorrow at sunset. You don't have much time left now."

Floyd was now rolling his shoulders and cracking his knuckles. "I bet being passed out in the infirmary from some serious injuries would take even more time, eh?"

Sensing another round, Deuce and Ace readied their pens.

"Just you wait!"

"I'm not great with summoning magic, but...CAULDRON!"

With a wave Ace's wand, a ginormous cauldron appeared out of thin air and fell in front of the twins. It didn't hit them, but it might've done a number on the floor.

Deuce glared at his dorm-mate. "YOU! Don't copy me!"

At this point, Floyd was all riled up again.
"I told you already, that won't work on me. Bind the Heart!"

Floyd's spell barely missed, and instead hit the huge safe, making the whole room shake for a few seconds.

"FLOYD! Where do you think you're aiming?! Be careful not to hit the safe!"

Out of nowhere, Azul was pissed off. He rushed over to the safe and began looking for damage. Floyd, being Floyd, remained unfazed.

"Ah?? Whoops!"

Azul ran his fingers over a scratch on the safe that was about the size of his pinky.

"Ah! There's a scratch on the door! I need to make sure the dials still work!"

At the speed of light, he put in the passcode and quickly open and closed the door. "Thank goodness..."

He then went back to yelling at Floyd. "How many times do I have to tell you! Quit using your unique magic so carelessly!"

Jade was looking elsewhere, specifically at at Yuu, who was signaling to their little gang that the VIP room door was left open.  They all started slowly sidestepping towards their gateway to freedom as if he wasn't staring directly at them.

"Hold on, y-"

"What are you so worked up for!? I can barely see the scratch from here! And I said I was sorry!"

"Floyd, Azul, sto-"

"'Sorry' won't fix the safe if it's completely destroyed!"

Jade raised his voice a bit. "Both of you, stop fighting. Or else..."

He watched as their victims skidded out the door and into the hallway. "They'll escape."

Grim stuck behind for a few seconds, but only enough to jeer at them. "See ya, suckas!"

"HEY!" Azul had little time to react as Grim flipped the bird at them and ran away. "Jade, Floyd! After them!"

"Why?" Floyd said, leaning against the desk. "I'm not in the mood. Not after the fun police screamed his head off at me."

"Now is NOT the time for this! Why are you so moody?"

"Why are you so grumpy? Who cares if the safe breaks? Your contracts are invincible, aren't they?"

"Are you implying I carry the contracts wherever I go!? I swear to-" Azul had to use all his strength to collect himself. "Hah...this won't do, this won't do. I got all worked up with Floyd again."

He reassumed his calm disposition and turned to Jade. "Please keep your eyes on them. Watch over Floyd, too."

The mellower twin nodded. "Understood."

"Ahh, so boring," his brother yawned and stretched. "I'm gonna skip afternoon classes and go take a nap somewhere."

Jade sighed at Floyd's sullen nature. "Good grief."

____________________________

Meanwhile, the shaken up first years stood around in the Hall of Mirrors to process what happened.

"Well, that was scary." Deuce muttered. The image of Floyd's spell zooming past his head was going to be engraved into his mind for at least a few days.

Ace scoffed, eyeing the burly wolf man beside him. "It's because Jack's so big."

Jack was not appreciative of the blame put on him "Wha? That's just because I train more than you guys. Besides, wolves tend to be bigger."

"We probably shouldn't have hid under the desk." Yuu mumbled. "Then again, where else would we have gone? And that whole electrocution business!? Man, that was rough."

Deuce and Jack shared their sentiments.

"Yeah, we couldn't even touch the contracts. How can we even destroy them?"

"That was the most we could do."

Grim was all bummed out by the time they left the mirror. "We wasted a whole day..."

"Are those contracts even destructible?" Ace groaned, flicking at the anemone on his head.

Yuu thought to themselves as they left the building. Why was Azul so riled up over the contracts like that? It seemed like overkill to put a whole spell over something invincible that's already being locked up in a safe.

Weird as hell...