10. getting robbed by the primary colors

Luckily, they were all able to make it to class on time. Since they only knew each other, the group stuck together. The teacher walked in. He had neat black and white hair and was elegantly dressed in a suit and furcoat. Everything about him screamed class.

"Damn, he's kinda fine." Yuu muttered. Grim was the only one who heard and looked at them with a disgusted expression. He pricked their hand with his claws, making them hiss quietly in pain.

"Go to horny jail, human."

"I was joking-"

"My name is Divius Crewel. But, feel free to call me Master Crewel."

Grim saw the growing smile Yuu was doing a terrible job at hiding and scratched them again.

"Ouchshjsdnhsn- I didn't even say anything!"

"You were thinking something." Grim whispered back, glancing at them judgmentally.

"Let me give you some basic information about this course."

Something smacked loudly, making all the students including Yuu jump.

Crewel was holding what looked to be a long staff with a dog collar dangling at the end. Alright, what was with the faculty of this school and having questionable items? Was this even legal?

"There are hundreds of kinds of medical and poisonous herbs you will learn to distinguish with your tiny brains. I better not see any failing marks on any upcoming exams. I will be very strict with you."

Gone was Yuu's slight aesthetic attraction; in came stress and fear.

"Oh, I see." Deuce remained rather nonchalant. He held up a small, colorful fungus. "So, what kind of mushroom is this?"

Yuu flipped through their textbook until they found a picture that looked like the mushroom. "Oh, that's a...uh..." They stared at the long name that was next to the picture. How did scientists come up with names like this? "...It's on page 24. It's poisonous."

Ace flipped to the page and also stared at the unpronounceable name. "Geh, I'm really bad a memorization."

"All you need to know is if the grass is good or not." Grim said, smacking around the small mushroom.

"Please don't eat the fungus Grim."
__________________________________

"That's all for today's lesson. You are excused." Crewel announced. Everyone stood up and began to gather their things. "Yuu, please stay behind for a bit."

Yuu's heart stopped. "O-Okay."

"Rest in peace. It was nice knowing you." Ace whispered. Deuce nudged Ace disapprovingly. Grim stayed at their table to wait for Yuu a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶.̶

Crewel put a hand on his hip as Yuu timidly walked up to him.

Why am I being forced to stay after class. Did he hear me say he was fine? I swear I'm over that now.

"Why aren't you wearing the proper uniform?"

"Oh, that? Um, well, you see, Crowley didn't really give me one. He kinda just threw me a bag and a button up shirt and called it a day."

Exasperated, Crewel pinched his nosebridge.

"Is that so...well then. I will talk with the headmaster. You will need the school labcoat and goggles for the future when we begin to work with potions and chemicals. Do you understand, puppy?"

Puppy? Do I look like-

"Yes...Master Crewel." Yuu bowed to hide their face as they held their laughter.