CHAPTER XXX: Knowing Is Half The Battle

Noire, the fourth born, was surrounded by her five siblings- being the center of attention. All confused and anxious to know what was going on and how could it be that only one of them- the one that was absent nearly all their lives- seemed to know the whole story. Consequently enough, Noire didn't know any more than they did. Yet calling out the word 'mother' would insinuate otherwise. Crimson was becoming aggravated because he thought that he of all of them would know or at least have an idea. He's the eldest- the successor- the most powerful of his siblings after all. He should have guessed. Scarlet, Azure, Jadeja, and Saffron all bore their eyes at Noire, hoping to intimidate her into answering their questions. Noire felt their stares like fresh daggers stabbing her in her gut, puncturing her soul. It was sheer agony. Their gazes clawed at her psyche and she buckled in the pool clutching her pounding skull until she eventually keeled over. Her body went limp as it floated on the surface of the reservoir. Azure and Saffron grabbed her and heeded Crimson's instructions. Scarlet and Jadeja followed behind as they climbed onto the parched foundation of the cavern. Noire was laid on her back and Scarlet covered her in a dark cloak to show some sort of benevolence to her bareness. The others dressed and promptly returned their attention to their sister. Scarlet crouched above Noire's head and Jadeja beside her chest. Crimson drew a rigid dagger from his boot and passed it to his younger sister. Scarlet hence pricked all ten of her fingertips then passed the blade to Jadeja.

"Are we sure about this? The slightest mishap and she could be dead." Saffron inquired. After a few exchanged glances, Crimson added,

"Don't worry about it, Jade will link us all together as a precaution and sever the link once we're done." He stated, "This is the only way we'll get the answers we need," and finished. "even if it's cruel." They all nodded in agreement and commenced with the ritual. After all the siblings slit their palms over a stalagmite, Jadeja held the dagger varnished in her siblings' blood above Noire's chest and awaited Scarlet's signal. She watched attentively as her sister placed her fingertips on Noire's temple and closed her eyes while mumbling an incantation. Without hesitation, she plunged the dagger into Noire's heart and in that instant, Scarlet's eyes shot open and the pupils turned white.

Azure dropped quietly on the floor with his arms folded and murmured. "Now, we wait."

Meanwhile above the cavern in the throne room, Mina emptied the remaining elixir from the decanter into her master's goblet and bent the knee as he took a sip. Scurrying off to whence she came, Lucifer called for Howard and Dexter. Without letting their master wait any longer, they appeared in an instant.

"Yes, Master." They said in unison. Howard took to his knee and Dexter simply raised his right hand to the left side of his chest and bowed.

Taking another sip of the elixir, Lucifer averted his eyes to the goblet and casually swished the liquid around as he sat in deep thought. Patiently waiting on orders, the two fiends continued to bow respectively. "Howard. How do you feel about a rise in station?" Lucifer inquired.

Howard stood tall raising his head and responded. "I'm intrigued."

Lucifer expressed contentment with his statement and took another look into his goblet. "Dexter, I assume you made the proper arrangements concerning Michaelis." Lucifer snarled. "That bastard really made my daughter think he was her father and that Raven! The mess they left me to clean up. Damn that Lilith!"

"Yes, Master. Michaelis' soul will be tormented for ten human years." Dexter ended.

"Good. I have no further use for that priest. Making him a messenger of hell just to give him a better foothold in Hell and Earth seems to have backfired a bit. Poisoning her mind with grace." Said Lucifer. "Howard, I'm sending you with my daughter in the Human world. Knowing Raven, Noire won't stay here for too long. You're tasked with getting rid of this Joella character. Noire will return on her 17th mortal birthday. You have until then to bring all of Noire here. And if you don't..." He trailed off. "Well, let's not find out, shall we?"

Howard nodded respectfully and took his leave to prepare for his departure from Hell. Dexter, on the other hand, stayed behind and awaited further instructions.

"Dexter go check on Noire and her other counterparts. Seems like they're too eager to wait for answers. Use whatever means necessary." Lucifer ended and Dexter too took his leave. The King of evil snapped his fingers and Mina came rushing back in with a bow. "You seem parched, Mina. Take the rest." Lucifer oddly enough gave Mina the remainder of the elixir to quench his thirst and the young fiend bared her fangs in excitement. He left the throne room with his spellbound, Engel, by his side.

In the caverns underneath the throne room, Scarlet removed her fingers from Noire's temple and Jadeja simultaneously pulled the dagger for their sister's chest. At that moment, Dexter appeared before them and witnessed the unforgettable sight. "I don't even want to know." He said then shook his head.

"We were just playing Torture or Death." Saffron blurted. "It was Noire's turn." He assured him.

Dexter scoffed. "I see you've gotten worst at lying. Have you been neglecting your studies?" He asked the young prince. As if to play off what he'd witnessed he simply said, "Clean this up and report to your father. You kids will be the end of my existence."

The siblings quickly dressed their temporary dead sister and waited a few moments for her to awaken. Luckily for them, they were prepared for any repercussions. Within a few minutes, Noire woke up with a pounding headache and was surrounded by her brothers and sisters. Not saying a word, she got up from the arid ground and left the cavern. Her siblings watched in silence until she was out of sight.

"What did you see, Scar?" Azure asked.

"You guys would not believe this." She started.

Crimson, Scarlet, Azure, Jadeja, and Saffron all sat around in a circle and listened to what Scarlet had to say. What she said shook them to their very core at what she had discovered.

"Noire's not our sister." Scarlet paused dramatically.

"Then what is she?" asked Saffron, the youngest.

"It's not about what she is. It's more about what we are." She continued.

---

Noire followed her senses and met up with her father, Lucifer, in the gardens with Engel. Engel, the hellhound, raced over to the princess and growled playfully wagging his tails. Lucifer picked a black rose and then handed it to his daughter. Taking the flower from him she set it ablaze and looked him in the eye.

"They know." She simply said. Lucifer pivoted and went to pluck another rose when the one he reached for, along with the entire bush set aflame. "I said, they know." She repeated.

"Ugh! Must you be so dramatic? You were much more pleasant as an infant." Lucifer retorted in defeat.

"Only when necessary. As I was saying, the others know." Noire reported for the final time.

"So what? I don't care about them. All that matters is you. The others, along with everything else will fall into place." He said cupping his daughter's face. "Do be a dear and try not to let your counterparts kill you for real next time." Lucifer briskly waved his hand in front of him and the flames went out.

"Not if I kill them first." She replied before walking off.

"Well, that's something I'd enjoy seeing. However, you can't exactly kill them. After all, they are your incarnations. If those parts of your soul are lost, you can never come into your full power and I need that power." He inclined.

"Well well well. The big bad Satan begging for his daughter's help. Now I'm glad I got to see this." A soothing voice spoke from the shadows and there she was. Standing proudly beside Engel was the seductive empress, the wife of the Dark Lord, Lilith. Lucifer snarled in disgust not even bothering to question how she got out. "Miss me?"

***
Remember to VOTE and COMMENT!