Chapter VII: It's You!

My heart was beating faster and faster. I had been kidnapped by some random stranger. I was so scared that I was paralyzed. His face was hidden under a mask and his brown hair fell in front of it. He bent down in front of me and began to caress my face. I moved away and grabbed my phone. I tried to turn it on and he just sat there. My phone finally came on but there was no signal. I scuffed. I tried my best to stand but I fell to the ground every time. Turning on the flashlight on my cell, I observed my surroundings and immediately realized I was in a sewer underground. Disgust filled my face and I switched it back off to save the battery.

"What did you do to me? Who are you?!" I asked in terror once more. I needed to be sure if I was right about who he was.

"My name is Lucas. As you could've guessed... I kidnapped you." When he spoke, the sound of his voice felt as if it was draining the life out of me. I couldn't bear it. It felt dark and empty. Was he the guy from earlier? Was he the guy from the meeting? Who is he? I placed my phone in my back pocket and pushed myself against a wall to stand. He started to approach me and motioned his hand to his back pockets. I gasped.

"What are you doing? What do you want?" I pushed myself onto the wall and my face was filled with fear.

"Don't be frightened. I'm not going to hurt you. Calm down." He removed his hand from his back and motioned it to his face. What is he doing? He placed it on his face and it seems like he was taking off his mask. "I'm just a delivery service."

"Delivery service? For who?" I didn't know why he kidnapped me or why someone would want me but I have to find a way to get out of here.

"You ask too many questions. Now be a dear and please shut... up." I couldn't help but do as he said. I don't know what would become of me if I didn't. Wait. What am I thinking? I can't talk? I want to scream for help but the words aren't coming out.

As I was scanning the area to find a way out, I got a sharp pain at the back of my head. I winced and rest my hand on the part of my head that hurt. I looked at my hand to see blood on my fingertips, fresh blood. He looked at me and stared with his head tilted. The pain was too much and I was too scared. My vision was getting cloudy and I knew then that I was going to pass out.

One hour later, I had woken up to the sound of screams and hisses. There was movement in front of me but my vision was still too cloudy to see what was going on. I made out two figures that appeared to be in a fight or something but when it was over I eventually passed out again due to the amount of blood I'd lost.

In the next hour, I heard the beeping of a monitor. I soon found myself lying in a hospital bed and Rachael and my little brother at my bedside. My eyes were slowly trying to open as I managed to see their relieved faces. It was like they had just released a deep breath they'd been holding in for a long time.

"R-Rachael? That you?" I asked as I coughed a couple of times trying to speak. She caressed my face and sobbed silently in the other hand. Her hands were as cold as ice. Aarin looked at me with teary eyes and seemed like he was upset about something.

"Joels?" He breathed out.

"Hmm." I groaned.

"What happened to you this evening? I thought we were to go home together? You told me to meet you by the car and you never showed." He argued.

"Oh... I'm so sorry, Rin. I had to stay after school to hold a meeting but I completely forgot to tell you this morning. You should've come to find me." I said.

He sighed. "It's okay, Joels. I forgive you. Just please remember to tell me things."

I tried my best to smile and nodded. He then turned to Rachael and started to say something. "You know mom. If I had a phone this wouldn't have happened." He smirked at himself and Rachael looked down on him. I thought to myself 'Well played little bro' and managed a chuckle.
Rachael slapped him across his head and I giggled.

"You know Rach, he does have a point," I added.

"You, don't start!" She scolded me.

After a couple of minutes, the doctor walked in and the room got silent. "Good. You're awake." He said in a friendly tone. "Ms. Wilis, you are free to leave in two days. I want to keep you here for observations... just to be safe." He added. I frowned.

"Why two days? I can't stay here I have work to be done, doc!" A tear almost fell from my eye but I held it back.

"I'm sorry, Joella, but better safe than sorry." He said.

Ughhhh!

"Well, who brought me here?" I asked.

The doctor looked at me then looked down at his clipboard. "A young fellow, the nurse said his name was Max." Did Max bring me here? I couldn't believe it. How did he even know where I was? Was it him I saw fighting?