Chapter XXXIII: More Than What Meets the Eye

A/N: It has been so long since I've updated. I'm so sorry to keep you all waiting. I have to get a new device ASAP. Thank you all so much for your patience. To all new readers, first, I want to say thank you for adding Joella: A Supernatural Twist to your reading lists, so thank you. Secondly, all feedback is welcomed, critiques, and compliments. I'll consider your criticism, however, this is not the opportunity to bash the story.

I hope you enjoy this story.

PS: IGNORE ALL GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU!

.

.

.

Refresher: Joella has been torn between two worlds-- a world full of hopes, struggles, and mystery (the mortal plane) and a world full of despair, torment, and maliciousness (Hell). Raised as an average human girl all her life, she soon realized -or rather- it was revealed that she was not who she thought she was and the same can be said about the people in her life. Never would she have thought that such a thing as the supernatural world like those bedtime stories or even what you would see on TV was all real and to top it off, she's one of them-- the Devil's daughter.

Previously on 'Joella: A Supernatural Twist':

Upon the realization that her friends and family, along with herself, are supernatural creatures and seemingly celestial beings, Joella struggles to accept her lineage. That is until her soul was hurled into the depths of hell where her father dwells supreme. There, she was faced with five other siblings, a lover, and a mother she thought had died. Memories that were buried deep had rushed to the surface and she knew what she must do. Unfortunately, by having these newfound memories, the Joella everyone knew became Noire.
Subsequently, Chloe cast a spell that altered time for the entire world. Justifiably, she should have succumbed to the massive conjuration but unexpectedly didn't. Thereafter, Noire's lover was ordered by Lucifer to enter the mortal plane and exterminate whatever remnants of the Joella persona may have remained. As for Max? He was cursed by an unknown entity and his feelings for Joella were warped into an immense hunger and drive to end his mate's life.

Coming up on 'Joella: A Supernatural Twist':

Apart from the new events happening in hell, some troubling incidents were occurring in the mortal plane. Max and Carlisle try to uncover the true culprit behind the recent tragedies, while Carlisle covertly tries to figure out what his newfound powers mean. Chloe continues to look out for her friend and carries on with her life trying to get the preparations for the upcoming festival in order. With any luck, the bracelet she charmed for Joella holds out until a permanent solution is found. Noire's lover enrolls in the same school as our heroine to get a closer look into her life. Rachel and Isaques come up with a plan after noticing his presence as well as a means to stop the Devil from going through with his agenda with the help of an unexpected guest.

.
.
.

Third Person P.O.V.

What do we call that eerie feeling of having already experienced the present situation? That moment when we think to ourselves, 'I could've sworn I've done this before.' 'Wait, wasn't I here already?' 'I can see into the future.'

We call that déjà vu.

It can be a very strange and even unsettling experience. Logically, you know you haven't experienced this moment before, but your brain is telling you otherwise. To some of us humans, we don't acknowledge it but to others, it can be one of the most predictable and unpredictable experiences. To know what is going to happen in a moment but to be so unaware of what comes before and after that instance.

With the entire world repeating a day, are the previous events unfolding once more or will there be new circumstances? So many scenes and truths are about to be revealed along with new true identities. We know Chloe will do anything to protect her best friend and Carlisle will do anything to protect his sister, Chloe. The same applies to Rachael, Max, and Lilith, who will do anything to protect and save Joella. The moments to come will determine what will either shatter or strengthen family bonds. With Howard on his way to retrieve his beloved, Noire, from the mortal plane, a series of events is about to unfold.