Chapter XXVIII: The Devil's Prisoner

Just before being sucked back into the past...

In the depths of the Under-realm, where the most furious of vermin prowled and one cell stood chained and shackled with enormous brimstone links, a cell made for the most deadly, malevolent, and ferocious beast, the mother of all evil, Lilith, was held captive. She was trapped for the past few millenniums unaware of the outside world. She made friends with the hell hounds and ghouls as she pitted them against each other solely for her entertainment. Since she can't see them, she intended to hear their screeches and the pain of the dying ones. Lucifer occasionally visited her for his amusement as well when he wanted. He loved her even though he locked her away for centuries. Who knew the Devil was capable of such a pure feeling?

---

After Joella examined her two siblings, Jadeja ran off in a hurry and shortly returned with a few more guests. In no time at all, the throne room was occupied by all seven demons, Lucifer and his six children: Crimson, Scarlet, Azure, Noire, Jadeja, and Saffron. The three other siblings were surprised by their sister's return and instantly brought her into a great embrace and tolerable chit-chat. Joella's consciousness was distraught by her family's presence and Noire was awakened. Then Lucifer spoke and the reunion was seized.

"My children, now that I have you all together again, it's about time you all met someone." He said.

"This is new," stated Crimson, the eldest. He had a fierce personality and was the next in line to inherit Hell.

"Yeah, what's this about?" questioned Scarlet, the second eldest, twin sister to Crimson. She wished to be the one to inherit Hell, however, she wasn't born a man nor was she born first.

"Saf and I were in the middle of Torture or Death," responded Azure, the third eldest. Saffron, youngest, nodded in agreement, and Jade was still latched onto Noire's arm. Noire, however, even though she smiled, she was furious with her father and she knew his intentions.

"You kids can play your little games later," began Scarlet in a stern and mocking tone.

"Be quiet, Scar. Let's just do as father says so we all can get on with our respective agendas," Crimson stated, and being the eldest as well as successor, he was not defied.

Lucifer sighed at their bickering and was about to say something but reconsidered. "Something feels strange," whispered Noire but none paid attention to it.

Leaving the room they all exited and followed behind their father like a family of ducks. Marching to an offbeat rhythm, Lucifer and his children were strolling through the pits of Hell. Crimson stayed behind the lot and Scarlet in front of her siblings behind her father. Azure and Saffron played around a little with fire and Jadeja let a newborn gargoyle perch on her shoulder. Noire, being new to the surroundings, was working up a sweat from the heat. It was like standing inside a volcano or hovering directly next to the sun. Her body hadn't yet grown accustomed to the change but it was rapidly becoming like second nature.

Approaching a very steep staircase, the screeches, howling and horrifying sounds seemed to cease. It grew quieter and quieter and they all arrived at a cell. An enormous cell covered in huge brimstone links. What could it possibly be keeping in?

Lucifer halted and peered at his children who all looked bewildered.

"What is this?" asked Crimson, coming up from behind the group. Before his father could answer, the painful loud wails of a woman bellowed over them like sound waves from inside the cell. Not minding the sharp noise, even Noire, stood patiently and awaited a response from her father.

With loud clicks and clacks and one thundering boom, the door to the cell screeched open, a chill shivered up and down Noire's spine and the chain links trickled one by one down to the floor allowing a great cloud of ash to flow in the air.

"This is what I wanted to show you guys for so long," said Lucifer. His children waited impatiently as the door glided open to see nothing but darkness and the sounds of the wailing woman illuminated the room.

-"Who is that?"
-"Who is this?"
-"What's that?"
They all asked in unison. Lucifer said nothing and they all watched as the door banged against the pillar. Chains jingled and the shadow slowly emitted from the darkness. Then she appeared; the woman with long stringy black and grey hair. She looked like she'd been down there for hundreds of thousands of years, her skin pale, her back hunched and her clothes sticky and oily- almost like they were drenched in built-up perspiration, saliva, and tears. She hung her head low before coming into the faint crimson flare of the torches. They all watched her closely when she suddenly, slowly raised her head.

Silence.

Noire, Sapphire, and even Crimson were all speechless. Lucifer smirked wickedly, and stepped next to the old, near dying figure. His children were baffled and befounded. No one dared speak, other than Lucifer.

"You can cease the theatrics now. You've made your point," stated Lucifer. The very old corpse-like figure slightly scuffed and almost motionlessly, rose tall straightening its back. The loud cracking of bones and popping muscle strings sounded as the children stood with bemused expressions. Watching the woman, was like witnessing a transformation. She was ugly, like hideously ugly- not even a gargoyle troll would mate with her. Then she became a gorgeous beauty with a spontaneous and exotic figure. It was as unimaginable as a hallucination. Her skin was no longer brittle and wrinkly, it was smooth and full of youth. Even her clothing changed. A fitted gown that outlined every curve and detail on her body. It was almost deceiving. This now seductive creature had a ton of explaining to do. Crimson, being the eldest, stepped forward.

"Father, what is the meaning of this?" he asked.

Lucifer laughed demonically and made his gaze towards Noire. "This is none other than..."

Noire started making deep eye contact with the woman. "Our Mother."

***
#thisisFICTION

Remember to VOTE and COMMENT!