Chapter IX: Journal Entry

Day 1 in the hospital.

Dear Journal,
I'm getting sick and tired of hospital food! It's disgusting. So I asked Jason and the guys to bring me something. It's so boring being hospitalized. I can't stand it. One more minute in here and I'll go crazy. What should I do? I miss the outside world. If I get caught trying to sneak out through the window again they'll give me another shot of Lunesta. [Lunesta: a drug used to help you fall asleep quickly.]
I tried my best to cooperate with the nurses but they won't give me my privacy. Just this morning, Rachael came to give me my favorite breakfast, some coffee and lots of bacon, but then she added a salad on the side and a loaf of bread. But anyway, when I had finished eating I decided to take a bath while Rachael tidied my bed and waited. While I was in the bath, I heard the door creep so I peeped outside the tub. And there they stood with a towel and a fresh hospital gown. I shrieked and heard Rachael arguing with one of the nurses while the other ordered me to come out of the tub. She told me that my time was up and I looked at her furiously. I mean come on! First, she doesn't give me privacy and now she gives me a time limit on my bath? Like what the hell? Kind of hospital is this?
Either way, after I had my bath and got dressed, Rachael had to go to work but she brought my laptop with her so I can use the time I'm in here. When she left, I connected to the wifi and watched a couple of episodes of Vampire Diaries. I watched it for a couple of hours until lunchtime when the nurse came in with my lunch. It was grilled cheese, pineapple yogurt, cherry jello, and milk. I barely ate any of it.
That's when I decided to ask Jason to bring me something. He's been such an amazing friend ever since childhood. He'd always come to my rescue. A couple of minutes later, he arrived at the door and came in. Along with the entire squad. He brought me a Pepsi, a double cheeseburger with bacon and salad dressing, some fries, and a medium macaroni pie. When I saw it, I smiled and my face lit up as I sighed and blurted out 'Real Food!' and everyone laughed.
When I finished eating we all talked for a while and then they had to leave to go back to school. I hugged each of them and they left as they wished me well. I was surprised that Max hadn't come to see me but it didn't matter. After that, I crawled back into bed and took my afternoon nap.
Evening came quickly and it was getting dark out when Max had finally come to see me unexpectedly. We talked for a while about what happened last night and he told me everything he could. He told me why I was kidnapped, how he found me, why we could hear each other's thoughts and he even told me how he felt about me. Then that's when it happened. Our lips met for the first time and it was magical.

Little did I know was that Jake had come by to see me as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only thing he saw. When Max met my lips it was great and all but I remembered I had a boyfriend and pulled away. It seemed for a while that he was upset but I knew he'd understand eventually. He smiled at me for a second then it faded away as well as his presence and I immediately drifted off to sleep as if it were all a dream.