You've always been my favourite form of Loving || Fushiguro Megumi 💖💫

Megumi's POV!:

I love stars in the sky. They're beautiful, they sparkle and light up the night sky just like you've lightened up my life.

I'll never forget the night, the one that I held my hand in yours as you brought me to the summer festival. The smell of food, wafting into my nose and the sound of fireworks crackling in thed distance.

But nothing will beat the stars in the sky, the same stars that we count to sleep and the same stars I admire.

As mom told me, stars are smaller suns, just like you the sun in my life but you've speckled throughout the galaxy, showing me how amazing you are in every way possible.

You've brought me in awe for everything you've done.

I'll never forget the bus ride back home. You were peaking glances at me but I pretended not to notice. I was foolish, truly I was.

That night you told me, "the moon is beautiful, isn't it?" You stared out of the window, gazing at the stars.

You've always been my favourite form of loving.

I knew what you meant there and then, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you, "I love you too."

I know I shouldn't have been scared.

But the wimpy me was ashamed that I couldn't be the person you deserved. How could you ever love someone like me, who couldn't be as bright as you've been?

I knew that we loved each other, I knew that you cared for me with all of your heart and I knew that you wanted me to be yours.

As I sat up straight, the whole drive back was silent and it was thick. Silence shouldn't be this loud, my mind was spiralling with guilt.

Do I say it back right now?

As I stuttered a few mindless words out of my lips, you hushed me with a weak smile.

"It's okay if you can't tell me now."

You got off at your stop and I never saw you since.

I love you, I still do and I promise to tell you that the next time we meet.