Til' Death Do Us Part || Zenin Naoya 💖💫

The sound of rain, dripping onto the ground with its light pitter-patters. It was another day at the Zenin estate and Y/n was alone as she stared up into the sky.

It was a rather gloomy day, the skies were grey and the winds were cold, the roof was pouring water down like a pipe.

A shiver ran down her spine, she felt cold but something was unsettling about today. She walked along the veranda, something wasn't right and she knew it.

She felt a presence behind her. So she quickly moved in the opposite direction to confirm her suspicion.

Never so quickly, has she felt a sharp, piercing pain spread behind her. It burned and it was pure agony. She coughed and coughed but only blood came out.

Y/n's eyes widened from the realisation, she's going to die.

A maid passing by ran to her side, panicking with fright and frenzy, "don't close your eyes our lady! Please keep trying!"

As much as she wanted them to stay open, her body could not take it. The blood, dripping onto the floor like the rain splattering on the grass was no different.

"Keep my husband happy," was all she muttered out before it was pitch black.

The news of the young lady passing spread quickly amongst the servants. Soon enough, it got to her own husband and he was livid.

Not at her, how could he be mad at her? Afterall she's weak and frail, he can't expect her to fend for herself in situations like these.

As much as he hated to admit it, he was swallowed in dismay and sorrow. For he loved the woman, as if she were his will to live.

She was the one who showed him happiness and what they called "love". Even when he never understood the meaning, he felt it for sure.

He hated this, she gave him everything he ever wanted as a woman. She gave him heirs, comfort and pride. How could someone so evil take that away?

He walked up to her coffin. Where she laid there beautiful as ever. Her forehead still stiff and furrowed from the stab in her lungs. Poor her, she must have struggled so much.

Yet her other features were as delicate and enchanting as ever.

Naoya laughed bitterly, "what a shame, we were going to rule the Zenin clan together, weren't we?"

He reached out to touch her cold, lifeless hands. As hard as he tried to find warmth, he couldn't.

He bit his lip, for the first time in his life, he felt a feeling he's never experienced before. The loss of a loved one.

Quite possibly the only one he's loved.

"Remember when we said "til' death do us part?" I never meant those words." His tears streamed down with a sense of frustration and being overwhelmed.

"I wanted to be with you even after I died!" He bit his lip in agony, he was in pure pain. He couldn't describe what he was going through at all.

It was as if something sharp pierced through that cold of heart of his.

He squeezed her hand, ever so slightly, for one last time.

"I'll send whoever killed you to hell, my wife."