Chapter 9

A/N

Hello guys! How you all are? Hope you all doing great!
Here's the next chapter.
Hope you will like it.
Vote and comment.
Enjoy!

---------------------
Tessa

Yesterday night was hell. I had another mental breakdown. I miss Hardin. I miss him. No one ever had this effect on me. No matter how hard i pretend to be, I'm not. When it comes to Hardin. I'm very emotional.

I might be piss off at him for what he did to me but I still love him and always will. I care for him. Seeing Hardin everyday and not being able to touch him and being rude to him hurts me. I don't know if he loves me or just it's another game for him but I'll love him for the rest of my life.

No matter, how strong you are emotionally, there is always someone who can make you weak. Hardin is that someone to me.

When life hurts,
Losers ask "Why me?" and Winners say "Try me!"

And I'm winner. I'm not gonna cry anymore on my life. I'm not gonna shed a single tear on my fucking life.

When I came to college today everyone was looking at me in weird way? I don't know why? Maybe there's something on my face. I look at my watch. There's still sometime  left before my lecture to start. I head to washroom and look myself in mirror. Nothing is wrong with it. Then why everyone is looking at me weirdly. I shake the thought and left the washroom for my class.

I enter the class. The whole classroom is decorated. A big SORRY is written on the wall with balloons. The whole room is decorated with sad emoji balloons. A rose bouquet is kept on the desk. Probably today's class is cancel. I took a last look at the class and turn around to left the room when a voice called for me.
"Tess."
Hardin. I didn't turn around. I know if I'll do I'll end up crying again.
"Tess, please turn around." he pleaded. I slowly turn around.
I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna cry.

Hardin looking at me with sad expression.
"What do you want Hardin?" I tried to be as tough as I could, only to fail terribly.
"Another chance, Tess. I can't live without you. I miss you. I know I messed up. What I did was wrong, so wrong but can't live with you hating me. I can't stand it. Please let me prove myself to you. Let me take you on date. We can start over again. All I'm asking for another chance because I love you Tess and I can't leave without you anymore. Past few days were hell for me. I can't even imagine what I have put you through. How you might have felt when you found out about the bet. But now I do. After you left me on road yesterday. I was very hurt. I was hurt that you left me for Trevor but again he never hurted you like I did. You know I was never suppose to fall for you but I did. I fall for you very hardly. Now when I see hatred for me in your eyes, it hurts. Please forgive me. Give me another chance? "

He hurted me. He used me as a bet don't pity him, Tessa. Don't accept his apology.

Tears sting in the corner of my eyes. I didn't allow them to fall. I forbid myself to cry.
" Why? Why should I give you another chance? " I ask. Trying so hard to keep my voice and not allowing it to crack.
He came a little closer to me. He took my hands in his and bring it to his mouth. He kissed my hand. I can't express how good it felt. When he took my hand in his and kiss my hand. The warmth of his lips against my cold hands. It felt so good.

He look at me. I tried to avoid eye contact. I was looking everywhere but him. He cupped my face and made me make eye contact with him. I look in his eyes. His eyes were looking in my soul. His eyes are full of regret. Probably he is really sorry about what he did but I can't forgive him. I do have self respect. After all what he did was not some silly mistake. He took my virginity for some money.

"Because I love you." My heart stopped. He looked at me. Looking sorry. He is making hard for me to be angry at him but I won't forgive him. No. Never.
"No. No you don't." I spat at him. He look at me with pleading eyes.
"No, Tess. I do. I do love you. Please believe me." I tried to remove my hands from his but he hold it more tightly and bring to his face and pleaded. His eyes are glossy. He is crying. Tear slip down my cheek.
"No, Hardin. You never showed that you love me, did you? You didn't protect me when they were making fun of me. When I was reliving the best night of my life, you probably were telling them the details about our moment and laughing at me. How do you expect me to believe that you love me? If you loved me then why didn't you stand up for me like any other boyfriend would have. I was just a bet for you, nothing else. I don't wanna do anything with you. Leave me alone, Hardin."

I remove my hands harshly from his and turn to leave.
" I love you Tessa!" he yelled. I turn to look at him. I know the thing that I'm gonna say will hurt him and me both.
"But I don't." I said and left. I ran in the corridor. Everyone was looking at me but I don't care. I open my car and drive myself to my house. The whole drive the only thing that was roaming in my mind were his words 'I love you, Tessa.'
I reach home open the door. Head in the bedroom threw myself on the bed and cried my eyes out. One more time.

The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.

---------------
Hardin

But I don't. Her words keep roaming in my head. She don't love me. I lost her. I lost my love. I regret everything I did. I never said any details about our intimate moments. I broke her heart and the same thing is happening to me. Karma.

I remove my phone and call the only person I trust.
"Hello?"
"Can you come? Please." I said. My voice cracked at the end.
"Hardin, are you crying? How everything went with Tessa? Did she forgive you?" he queries. I shake my head even though he can't see me.
"No Landon. I tried to apologise. I told her that I love her and did everything in my power to make her forgive me but sh-she she said that she don't love me anymore."
"Hardin, don't cry man, I'm coming."
"Okay." I hung up. I bury my face in my hands and cried my eyes out.

Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren't accompanied by regret.
------------------
What do you think will happen? Is she willing to forgive him? How will Hardin suffer from this?