Chapter 3

Klaus has been texting with Kara all day and luckily not getting caught

Klaus has been texting with Kara all day and luckily not getting caught. Soon school was over today Klaus could go back into his body, see Kara again, and get his wolf. Katherine was still in the chair. Her leg has blood all over it. She still stabbing herself with the knife in her hand.

"Ah, you're right. This witch is already aiming to kill." Klaric said.

"That's terrible," Katherine said as the warlock walked into the kitchen.

"We're going to have to kill her, Maddox." He said, opening a drawer.

"Do you think this Alaric guy has anything vintage?"

He looks at the shirts and sees that there's something under. He opens it and sees a lot of weapons to kill vampires.

"Crossbows, wooden bullets, and automatics? Who is this guy, again?" He questioned.

"He's the local vampire hunter," Katherine answered.

"Ahh. Well, that explains the clothing."

Maddox holds out a glass of bourbon to Klaric.

"All I could find. Guy likes his bourbon." The witch, Maddox said to Klaric as he gave him the glass as Klaric took it.

"I knew there was something about him I liked. There's a high school dance and I'm going to need you to take out witch bitch." Klaric said.

"If she has that much power, she can sense me coming from a mile away. I won't be able to get near her. You have to do it." Maddox said.

"In this body? I'm a haggard history teacher. She can easily hurt me. I mean, not me, Klaus me, but you know what I mean." Klaric said while Katherine was listening to them.

"No witch could handle channeling that much power. It'll kill her. It would kill me. You just have to make her use it." Maddox told him.

"You mean like provoking her to death?" Klaric question.

"Won't take long. Just keep attacking her until it kills her. His body, Alaric, will last longer than hers will." He said to Klaric.

"How? He's human." Klaric asked.

"I can help in that department. I can do a spell to protect you." Maddox said as Klaric looked at Katherine and she lowered her head.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Klaus couldn't wait for the night to end, he just wanted to go and see Kara again who was probably asleep by now.

It's the 60s-decade dance, everyone's dancing. Klaric arrives, dances his way through the crowd, and heads over to Dana and her date.

"Nice outfit, Mr. Saltzman. Totally far out." Dana said.

"Thank you, Dana. Thank you. Now, who is your date?" Klaric asked her.

"It's Chad, Mr. Saltzman, from the third period." She replied.

"Chad, of course. How would you and your friends like to earn a little extra credit?" Klaric asked as Chad smiled at him looking very eager to help out.

Dana goes onto the stage and speaks into the microphone, "Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight."

Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, Jeremy, and Damon stop in front of the stage.

"This is for Elena. From Klaus." Dana said in front of everyone as the song started playing while Elena seemed stunned Klaric looked happy.

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us." Damon said.

"I know everyone here," Elena said looking around.

"Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is." Stefan said.

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us." Damon ordered them.

"Good idea," Bonnie agreed with him as she took Jemermy by the arm and dragged him onto the dance floor, ignoring his protests.

Leave Damon alone who sees Klaric. He walks over and stands next to him.

"Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted." Klaric said to him.

"I'm not impressed," Damon said.

Klaric looks disappointed and looks at Damon, "Let me know if you see anything out of whack," Damon says as he leaves Klaric alone.

Jeremy and Bonnie are dancing and so are Elena and Stefan. She sees Caroline and Matt arriving.

"Caroline's here. They don't know what's going on. We have to tell her." She tells him.

"I'm on it." He answered as he switched places with Damon.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Klaric is at the door with Maddox while Katherine is making coffee.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Maddox said. "Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get." Klaric said as Maddox left and Klaric closed the door.

"Where is he going?" Katherine asked, holding out her coffee for Klaric.

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hairdo." He said," Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" She asked him.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us." He replied, putting the moonstone on the table.

"I've killed the witch, I have the moonstone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse."And why would you do that here? There are so many people that would try to stop you." Katherine said.

"Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger." He told her

"I didn't realize that was a requirement." She said.

"Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were." He told her.

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt." She said.

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on." He said also compelling her.

"You can't leave until I tell you to." He said lastly before leaving, texting Kara on the way to Gilbert's home.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Maddox and Greta are on their knees casting a spell, there are lit candles all around them. Klaric is standing next to the box, his head bowed and eyes closed. Katherine looks at them as they stop and look at Alaric. He opens his eyes and looks at Katherine.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Uenes Phasmatos Et Sonos. Ex Tutam Exum Lamia Matus." Both Maddox and Greta chant together.

"Elena?" He questioned dizzy before he collapsed. Maddox stands up and opens the box. Klaus walks out of it and looks down at Alaric.

"Now that's more like it." Klaus said walking out of the room in his real body smiling, leaving immediately ready to see the person who makes him feel human.