Chapter 6

Elijah is walking around the study, his mother is in finding burnt sage

Elijah is walking around the study, his mother is in finding burnt sage. Downstairs, Rebekah enters the living room, where Kol and Klaus are on a couch.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!" Kol said standing up and blocking her way.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah yelled at him. 

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt was it?" Kol asked her.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah shot back while Klaus grinned enjoying his siblings 'talk'.

"Don't start, Nik!" Rebekah interrupted her brother before he could say anything.

"I didn't say anything." 

"I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment." Kol told them. 

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it."

" It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough, to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it." 

"Just like you, Bekah." Kol tells her to leave with Klaus as Rebekah throws her shoe at him.

"Good riddance, both of you!" She yelled at the both of them as Elijah entered the room still holding burnt sage.

"Rebekah."

"Not you too, Elijah."

"I'm worried about my mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?" 

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?"

"Burnt sage." Elijah replied to her showing Rebekah the sage.

"She was doing a privacy spell."

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."

"I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has."

"That's not true. And as for the mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Yeah, no, they're still here. Yeah, they've drunk their way through half the Grill's liquor supply." Alaric said to Damon.

"Good. It'll be easier if they're wasted." He replied back to Alaric.

"So, what's the plan?"

"Divide and conquer. First, we'll need a little blonde distraction."  Damon told him ignoring what happened at the ball as Caroline entered the Grill Alaric left and Caroline and his exchange looked to start the plan.