Chapter 12

Carol and Tyler walked into the house as he saw two men are standing in the foyer and Tyler immediately becomes suspicious

Carol and Tyler walked into the house as he saw two men are standing in the foyer and Tyler immediately becomes suspicious. "Who the hell are you two?" Tyler asked,

"Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection." Carol calmed her son.

"More deputies?" Tyler asked as Klaus enters the room from the parlor while another hybrid followed behind him.

"Not exactly."

"They're hybrids."

"I was halfway to Chicago with my lovely Kara when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good so I spend time together, but duty calls." Klaus told him upset.

"Nice to know you care. "

"I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot."

"Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch, then kissed my girlfriend. So, maybe we're even. "

"Not even close. But, you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left and she kiss me I have someone." Klaus turns around.

"Consider them your new bodyguards." Klaus pointed at the three hybrids in the room and walks out.

TIME SKIP

Tyler walks into the office to find Klaus sitting in a chair with his feet up on the desk.

"She's quite fetching, that Hayley." He told Tyler smirking.

But not more fetching than Minn dróttning

"Where is she?" Tyler questioned unamused.

"Oh, she had to run, but don't worry, I had her take the back door so Caroline wouldn't see her."

"Whatever you think you know. "I don't know anything, but I've put together a pretty convincing picture." He smiles smugly at Tyler. "Why don't you tell me where my imagination deviates from reality?" Klaus got up walking taunting him, circling around him as he speaks.

"You went off to the Appalachians to break my sire-bond. There, you met a pack of werewolves, begged them for help.... Among them was a girl.

 She was gorgeous, with the same animal instincts as you. Emotions ran high, inhibitions ran low-Stop it!-Then, in a moment of weakness, the thick sexual tension became something much more real. And Caroline has no idea."

Tyler looks flabbergasted, but their conversation is cut off when Tyler's phone starts to ring. Klaus picks up the phone, sees that it's Damon calling Tyler, and smirks as he sits down in the chair and answers it for him.

"Hello, Damon. "Klaus? Where's Tyler?" Damon asked confused.

"Tyler's otherwise occupied, making big decisions about honesty and whatnot. Is there anything I can do?"

"I'm going after the vampire hunter, so if he'd like to join?"

"He wouldn't... I, however."

TIME SKIP

Nik walked into his lover's house to see her in a wedding dress arguing with an unknown man,

"Bloody hell." Both of them stop and turned to face him,

"Nik finally, we need to talk."

"Who's this?" The unknown man asked.

"Shut up you came to me."

"Kara.."

"Yeah, sorry, Nik this is Mxyzptlk he's a fifth-dimensional imp and he's in love with me it's annoying."

" Luv why is he here?" Nik asked her.

"He's here to warn me and get me to marry him again."

"Again- wait warn you, warn you about what?"

"I have to go back."

"What?" He questioned she speed towards him hugging him,

"I'm not leaving you, not breaking up, I just need to go back to my earth and I promise I'll come right back to you." Nik was not happy to be trying to understand.

"How long?"

"Time is different on my earth the only per- Mxyzptlk you know." Kara turned around towards him still in the wedding dress.

"Fine about a month is at least 2-3 months here."

"WHAT!" Both Nik and Kara shouted at the same time.

"Fine that's enough time."

"Kara that's too long."

"Nik you're being a baby about this I'm going to need someone to take my spot on my earth so I can come back to you and be with you always."

"It did take at least 2 hours to convince Nik which lead the 3 of them to be in her backyard. Apparently, Mxyzptlk thought it would be 'poetic' for her to go to her earth in her pod,

"Can you get me out of this dress now."

"Bu- "

"Now would be good."

In a literary blink of an eye, Kara was in her what she remembers her classic black fitted long sleeve jumpsuit with her family coat of arm's in classic red in her right chest.

"Hey I remember this, I killed about 250 people in this suit thanks."

"What?"

"I didn't tell you everything but I will when I come back."

He just nodded, not trusting his voice.

"Kara, can I talk to you before you leave?"

"Mxyzptlk."

"Of course." He replied as he disappeared leaving Kara and Nik alone.

"Yes, Nik?"

"Umm I don't know how to say this I thought to do this in Chicago but here I go-" Nik paused taking a deep breath,

"Kara you're the first person, I want to look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I want to kiss goodnight. Because the first time I saw those hands, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them, but mainly when you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to you-"

Nik paused again but this time reaching in his pocket also going on his knees.

"Kara Zor-El will you marry me?"

Kara's eyes were filled with tears she didn't know how to describe how she feel, the love of her life is proposing to her. "Yes!" She happily cried out to him.

Nik placed the ring on her finger.

TIME SKIP

Saying bye was the worst thing the now-engaged couple did, as a last goodbye she gave Nik the necklace she had worn since she was 10.