Chapter 9

Klaus is packing up things around the house waiting for Kara as Rebekah walks in

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me," Rebekah told him.

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." He answered a bit confused.

"Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to Mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nic. Too strong."

"Where is he now?" He questioned.

"He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now."

"Fine. I'll get Kara and collect Elena, we'll be on our way."

"Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids! I can accept Kara because you're lucky, brother even to have a woman to love you."

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." Klaus told her, ignoring her last sentence. 

"We'll protect each other like we always have. Always and forever, Nik."

"I'm not leaving without the doubleganger."

"I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own." Klaus looked at her but said nothing.

"Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you, see if I care." Rebekah told him walking out of the room and bumping into Tyler on the way out. 

"Move it, sire boy!" What's her deal?" Klaus stares at him as Tyler continues into the room leaving at some point, not realizing that Kara was never home.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Alaric is sitting at his desk with Caroline still staked down to the chair and Kara knocked out on the floor tied down with rope, he then hears Elena enter the school. 

"Right on time." He said as Elena walked down the hallway, looking around.  

She hears Caroline crying and runs towards the noise. She enters Alaric's classroom and sees Caroline.

"Caroline." Elena cried out, turning around to see Alaric.

 "Let her go, Alaric!" She yelled at him.

"Free her yourself." He told Elena pointing at Caroline.

She and Alaric stare at each other. Then she cautiously walks over to Caroline, gets down, and strokes Caroline's arm soothingly.

She starts to gently pull the pencil out of one of Caroline's hands, but Alaric comes up and slams the pencil back down into her hand. 

As Caroline screams, Elena gets up, and they all suddenly hear a groan of pain.

"And the lover is up."

"You said that you would let her go!" Elena shouted at him ignoring Kara on the floor for the first time she saw.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires!" Alaric spat back at her walking towards Kara.

"Now you're aware." Alaric said grabbing something from his pocket to Elena she saw red crystals he was to stab Kara with it as Kara continued to hiss in pain, 

"WHAT IS THAT?" Kara cried out in pain, Kara knew what it was she just played clueless.

"Oh, these I don't know what they're called Esther created them especially for you."

{WHAT, kryptonite is older than that bitch and he doesn't know that so- FUCK that hurts-}

Kara soon fainted from the pain, she had been infected once by the kryptonite, just for being around it not touching it, but this was different yes, she is a little power-hunger she can control that but it pierces her skin so the process of it would take longer.