Fight of the Century: part 1

Ali's House: Two hours later

Ali's POV

I came home without Emily. I was so upset and scarred about what happened at school and the way that Paige treated me, that I ditched after lunch. I didn't have any classes with Emily so she wouldn't even know. I heard my phone buzzing on the table. I almost didn't answer it but I saw Emily's picture. "Hey Em..." I was cut off by her. I could tell she was angry. "Why didn't you tell me you were leaving early?" I hesitated, how did she know? "How did you find out?" I tried to keep my voice steady, but her being mad at me hurt. "I was supposed to take you home remember? When I couldn't find you I ask Hanna, she said you weren't in 6th period." Crap! I forgot I had that class with her. "I was scared Em. I couldn't stay there. I didn't feel safe." I felt bad for at least not telling her I was leaving. "Why didn't you tell me you felt unsafe?" I could hear the hurt in her voice. "Please come over?" Silence.

"I can't." I was on the brink of crying. "Why?..." I didn't want her to know what she just said had hurt me. "I have something to do." She sounded furious and I heard her car door shut. "Where are you?" I was worried she was going to do something she would later regret. "Paige's" I immediately sat up panicing. "Emily! Don't" I was running out my front door to Paige's. She only lived 5 minutes away. "I got to go." And with that she hung up.

I started to run as fast as I could. Paige hated me and it didn't matter if Emily claimed she didn't still having feelings for Paige I knew she would try to win Emily back in any way possible. That included telling her what I said to her right before I ran away. I needed to get to Paige's quick.

When I got there I could hear Emily yelling at Paige. I stormed through the door as Paige punched Emily in the face. "Don't ever say that me! You know I hate her, she's a bitch! No one can ever love her. Well, actually, only someone as messed up as her could." I hear Paige scream I as I ran over to Emily. I looked at her face and could it was red and her nose was bleeding. I turned around and punched Paige so hard she was knocked out cold. "Emily! You okay?" My voice was shakey because she hadn't moved yet. "I'm fine. I can't believe she actually punched me. I didn't know she had it in her." I saw her smile but I knew she was in pain. "Come one. Let's go to my house." I say while helping her up.

When Emily stood up she saw Paige laying on the ground. "Damn Ali. You didn't have to hit so hard." Was she serious? "Yes I did. She hurt you, more than once. No one hurts you. Not even me." She stopped me at the door way. "I don't care about her cheating on me anymore Ali. It's in the past. And I thought we were past this?" I was confused. "Then why did you come over here?" She could tell I was lost. "She made you feel unsafe." At this point we were already in her car going back to my house.

The whole ride back I had a question that was eating at me. When Emily parked the car I couldn't hold it in and it slipped out before I could stop myself. "What did you say to her that made her punch you?" I was scared of her answer. I didn't want to cross a line with Emily and make her mad at me too, but instead she just stared into my eyes. "I told her that it's not my fault she can't bare to see me with you just because she's still in love with you. It probably wasn't my brightest moment." She giggled while pointing at her face. "Do you want some ice for that? It looks like it really hurts." I was ignoring what Emily has said about Paige being in love me. It was already a deep purple. "That would be nice. Thank you."

When we get into the house I grab Emily an ice pack. I kiss her check before placing it on her face. "Do you want to go upstairs so you will be more comfortable?" She smiled at me as she stood up. "I would love that." I grabbed her hand and lead her up to my room. When she layed down I couldn't help but looked at how beautiful she was, even with a bruised face. "What are you looking at?" Emily's voice broke me from my gaze. "Just the most beautiful woman in the world." She blushed as she smiled at me. "Lay down with me?" I layed down and put my head on her lap. I could feel her hands on my thigh and hip. The last thing I remember is falling asleep to Gossip Girl.