Still In Control

Emily's POV
Ali's words kept repeating in my head. Why would she say those things? What is wrong with Ali? Her words broke my heart every time they ran through my head causing me to cry for four hours until I finally couldn't take it. I drove to the closest motel and got a room.

Hanna's POV
We still can't find Em. We have been looking for three hours and she is nowhere to be found. Where could she be? I'm scared something might happen to her. I'm scared for Em and for Ali. They both need each other more than air.

Ali's POV
I can't stop crying. I can't believe I did that, but it was for her safety. I know the girls can get her to come back once she knows what happened, but will she forgive me? I hear my phone ring, startling me out of my sobs. "Ali, I found her car. Call Aria and Hanna. -Spencer."

I was too anxious and worried to call the girls. I sent a text back to Spencer and ran out the door. I called Hanna as I ran down the street towards her road.

"Ali! Get in." I heard Aria scream to me from Hanna's car. I rush to the back door and slam it shut. "Let's go Hanna! She could leave the second Spencer knocks on the door!" I was so scared and I just wanted to see Emily.

Emily's POV

I hear a knock at the door and I know it is one of, if not all of the girls. I can't ignore it or they will just break their way in with a bobby pin. I get up from the bed, whip my eyes free of tears and open the door. I'm relieved when I only see Spencer at the door. "Hey Em. Do you mind if I come in?" I snake my head and move over enough that she can walk through the door. "Now tell me, what happened." She sounded concerned and not, well, like Spencer usually does when she wants information.

After telling Spencer about my fight with Ali she hugs me tight as I cry even more, then we hear a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Spencer said as she jumped up from the bed. I know it's the others, probably with Ali. I wasn't ready to face her. I have nothing to say to her, but I couldn't get myself to move. Why can't I move? I don't want to be here! I know if I see her face my heart will melt and I will forgive her like nothing ever happened, but here I am, stiff as a rock.

Ali's POV

As Aria knocked on the motel door I got this uneasy feeling in my stomach. What if she leaves the second the door opens? Or just sits there ignoring us all? Or worse, looks through me like a glass window? I don't think I can take it if she leaves again, I need her.

When the door opens I can see Emily sitting on the bed staring down at her feet. She looks so lost and broken. I can't even say I did this to her, because I didn't. I would never hurt Emily if it wasn't for her own good. But in this moment, I don't care that A might hurt us tomorrow, I just need her tonight.

Aria's POV

When we walked into the motel room I could feel an uneasy mood in the room. It was really awkward but we, as a "family," needed to fix this. Emily and Ali are meant for each other, and Emily needs to know it wasn't Ali's fault but A's.

Spencer's POV

Everyone being in the room made it hard to speak. No one knew what to say. Emily knew we were all their because Ali asked us to be which meant, in her mind, that none of us were on her side. The truth is, all four of us are on her side, it's A who isn't.

"Can we just talk about the elephant in the room?!" I hear Hanna say as she gets restless in the far corner of the room. "Hanna?!" Aria shoots her a mean and scary look. I love that look on Aria, it makes her look less, small. "No, it's okay Aria. She's right, let's talk shall we?" I immediately shot my head up from my feet. Emily was staring up at all of us, not giving on look at Ali who was by herself in the left side of the room.

Ali's POV

When Hanna spoke I was furious. She's such a dumbass I swear. She causes more trouble than she fixes, but she was right, we couldn't just sit here all day and night. I finally create enough courage to speak. "Em, please, just listen to me. I didn't..." I was cut off by screams of heartbreak. "No Ali, just don't! You said what was on your mind! You spoke the truth and now it's out! Don't try to fix something you can't."

Aria's POV

I was shocked. Emily just blew up on Ali and everyone in the room felt the tension shift. It was going to be even more hard to mention A now.

Ali's POV

I broke her, I really broke her. There is nothing in her heart but pure hate for me. I did it this time, I really lost her. After all these years, A finally wins. I start sobbing and in this moment, it's almost as if time is standing still.

Emily's POV

I was pissed, no, hurt. I didn't really mean what I said but I knew if I waited and I let her in I was going to forgive her, and I didn't want that. But seeing her sitting there sobbing was killing me inside and out that I too, started to cry my eyes out for the hundredth time tonight.

"Em, please. You don't understand." I knew they were going to have Spencer do the hard work, they always do. "No Spence, I do understand. I'm too damn clingy. I get it. I completely get it." I was surprised that I was yelling at her the way I had Ali. "No Em, you're wrong. You don't understand. It wasn't Ali who did this." Is she serious. Unless Ali has a twin who broke up with me, I don't think anyone else did this. "Right. It was Ali's twin, my bad." I knew my sarcasm was uncalled for but I didn't care.

Hanna's POV

"Dammit Emily. Listen to her!" I am sick of this. Emily may be my best friend but she needs to shut up and listen. I'm not letting her ruin the best relationship she has ever had because of her damn ignorance. With that She nodded her head and sat down on the bed.

Emily's POV

"Em. Do you really believe Ali would ever really mean those things? I mean yes, in the past she would purposely try to hurt you by pushing you away but has she done that once since she has been back? No, I don't think so. That's because she loves you Em, more than anything..." She was cut off my a weak voiced Alison.

"I do Em. Please, I didn't mean any of it. I had to say something to make you leave and it had to hurt bad so you wouldn't fight back. I already hated what I had to do but I had no choice, they threatened to hurt you." She was trying really hard not to ball her eyes out again. "Who? Who threatened to hurt me?" Everyone's eyes shot to the ground. "Ali, who was it?!" I am nervous, what if it's who I think it is?

"Em, it was A." Hanna finally muttered out. I sat down to take in the information. I though A was dead.