Part 1 | Sophie

As the dust on the splotching pitch settled, Sophie looked over and saw a hunched over blonde boy rubbing his head. A countless number of girls rushed over to him and made sure he was okay, as a group of boys walked over to Sophie. Fitz, Dex, and Tam were at the front of the group whilst Linh, Biana, and Marella were rushing over to boy.

"Sophie, are you okay?" Fitz crouched over and held her hand, as a chorus of grunts came from the quickly forming crowd. "How many fingers am I holding?" Dex held up 6 fingers in front of Sophie and she replied, "13. I'm fine let me up.". Sophie saw the hunched figure walking towards her with his posé. "Well I don't think someone can have 13 fingers, Foster." She then felt Fitz squeeze her hand and pick her up bridal style which caused even more grunts from the boys.

"Whatever, I'm fine!" Sophie started wiggling in Fitz's arm's but he simple wouldn't let go. She switched tactics and rolled opposite him and fell to the floor. "Sophie, don't be daft, let me carry you.' Fitz stood over her and picked her up again and she didn't wiggle. Mostly due to the tone of Fitz's voice, she could tell he was being serious.

"Fitzy, I don't think you need to baby her. And, it was kinda fun. " Keefe was clearly limping but ignored it and punched Fitz playfully with his hand. "Well, she's my girlfriend and basically a Vacker. Remember the matchmaker's speech. Sophie would be a good match if she marries me, and she will, right, Sophie?" she blushed tomato red and nodded. The matchmakers had labelled her as unmatchable, but after seeing Sophie and Fitz work together as cognates, they granted an exception. And now everyone following them knew. 

As they walked, Fitz kept asking her how she felt, if her head hurt, if she was thirsty but Sophie didn't understand why she was being looked after. She was the person who used a surge of mental energy and threw herself and Keefe into a wall. "She looks sorta green..." Biana added. Sophie felt green. She was thirsty. So. Very. Thirsty.  "Well, we're almost at the healing center. They should just move the elite levels next to the healing center. I am a frequent visitor."  which earned an over enthusiastic laugh from the group trailing them. 

✄---

"Sophie Foster! I haven't seen you in a while. Fitz, Keefe, how are you? What did you do Sophie, you look green?" Elwin sauntered over to the group and put his hand on Sophie's forehead. "We were splotching (?) and Sophie blasted herself back." Fitz put Sophie on one of the many cotts and Linh shooed out all the prodigies. "Again?" Elwin pressed. "Again. And why are you surprised?" Sophie whined. It's not your fault, Soph. It's Keefe's" Fitz turned and shook his head at Keefe telling him he didn't really mean it. "Keefe sit down, you'll need the elixir too?" Elwin ordered. "Sure, sure."

Elwin's bottle clicked and chimed as he searched for the right elixir and the gang sat at Sophie's side laughing about how disorientated she was. " This should work for both of you, it'll make you pass out for a bit though. So say your goodbyes." Elwin wandered into his office and started pouring the gloppy mustard colour elixir. "Bye Soph, don't stress too much." Fitz gave her a hug and kissed her forehead. "Sophie, you're skipping elementalism! Lucky..." Biana huffed after looking at her timetable. "Feel better soon Lady Sophie." Tam mocked bowed to her and the rest of the gang left. 

"So, you'll just experience some of your past selves on replay, probably traumatic experiences because it's trying to clear your head. Have fun." He handled the bottles to Sophie and Keefe. Keefe took in a wiff and gagged viscously. "Bottoms up, Foster!" and winked. Sophie gulped it down and fell into a deep sleep.

✄---

hola! if the chapter didn't make sense, basically, they're in the elite levels now, and sophie has an arranged relationship with fitz which she is embarrassed about. next chapter out soon! any recommendations? xx