Sophie | 19

As the events replayed in Sophies mind, she couldn't help but shiver. Team Valiant were sitting under the Panakes tree, discussing their looming meeting with King Dimitar. One of his ogres was trying to destroy Exillium, and the matter needed to be addressed. Wylie was sifting through the stack of complaints, when he came across a mustard colour paper. Wylie's nose scrunched and he passed it to Biana, who read it and shrugged, and passed it to Sophie.

"What's this?" She asked, and looked down at the message.

That wasn't Elwin. And if you want that future, you'll have to change course.

"Again, what's t- THE ELIXIR! I-" , an explosion sounded through the field and Sophie leapt to her feet and ran down the hill, she saw berry stains on the grass and a few gnomes laying on the ground, snoring? Sophie looked around and she saw Sandor, Grady, and Edaline running towards her. "Sophie, what did you do?" Sandor asked, and Edaline started patting down her clothes.

"It was the Neverseen! I KNOW IT WAS!" She held up the mustard paper, "When I fell on the pitch, Elwin gave me an elixir, but that wasn't Elwin! A-and, I had these weird dreams, and it was THEM!" She gestured erratically, her voice filled with desperation. The rest of team Valiant were trotting down the hill when Sandor started speaking. But Sophie didn't listen, her head was replaying every moment, trying to think of something mustard.

The group started walking and they made it up to the leapmaster. "We're going to Everglen." Grady announced, and the crystals whirred to life, as they leaped to Everglen.

✄---

Sophie clung to Keefe's hand, as if it was an anchor. Keefe was asking loads of questions, and Mr Forkle was agitated with Keefe for asking questions, Grady was trying to get Alden to not call a probe, and Edaline was talking to a gnome. Everyone else stood, not totally sure what to do.

In Sophie's mind, a plan was slowly forming, but she wasn't sure if she should suggest it. "We NEED a probe! What if they're hints from their dr-" Alden said, until Sophie cut everyone off. She cleared her throat and stepped on a bench. "Bickering will get us no where! We're waisting time! Someone needs to go get 'Elwin' and bring him in, for all we know he is with the Neverseen. Next, we need to find the real Elwin, ask him if he remembers anything and search for clues." 

Everyone started at Sophie intently, and she started to blush. Mr Forkle smiled at his heir, and clapped his hands. "I'll send over some gnomes to examine the explosion." He said and pulled out a leaping crystal. "Me, Keefe, Tam, and Marella will go get 'Elwin'. Biana, Wylie, Lihn, and Fitz go- Where is Fitz?" Sophie looked around to see the teal eyed boy no where to be found. "He's in Atlantis." Lihn squeaked.

"Why's he in Atlantis?" Biana pressed, and lihn shrugged. "I'll fetch him," Alden sugests and Sophie agrees. "Anyways, you go look for the real Elwin. Does everyone know what to do?" Sophie asked and there is mumbled yes's. "Miss Foster you seem to be quite in control, have you forgotten we're the Councillors?" Emery says and Sophie gulps, "No, no... Councillor Emery." Keefe squeezes her hand and she continues, "I was taking charge because you weren't. Now everyone, let's split up!" She announced and people started moving.

Tam and Marella found their way over to Sophie and Keefe, and walked into the Vacker's leap master. "Let's do this right, guys."

✄---

"He's not even here. OF COURSE HE'S NOT HERE!" Tam calls, his voice echoing off the stone surfaces. "Then he must have known we'd figured out. Could there be a leak?" Marella asked. Sophie thought for a moment, how would a leak be possible? She had been the first to make the connection. "That would be impossible. Let's just message Mr Forkle." Tam pulled out his imparter and whispered Mr Forkle's name into it, his face filling the screen. 

"I'm assuming from that face he wasn't there." Tam nodded, "Completely empty.". Mr Forkle rubbed a hand down the side of his face, "Put Sophie on please, Tam.". Tam handed over the imparter to Sophie where Mr Forkle asked them about the mission. "We snuck into the kitchen, and called his name. After that we split up and nobody saw him. All the room's have been check by at least one of us."

Mr Forkle paused, "Do you trust Elwin isn't there? Do you trust your friends?" He asked patiently. "I-I yes I d-do." Sophie flustered. Mr Forkle examined her for a moment longer, "Come back to Everglen then." And hung up on Sophie. "That was really weird, even for Forkle standards." Keefe said and Marella laughed. "Let's just get back?" 

They made their way down to the leapmaster, the trees rustling. "Everglen,"

✄---

super short chapter but just remember the details...