Sophie | 11

Sophie sat up and gasped, tears in her eyes. Her breathing intensified as the shimmering lights turned into the familiar form of the healing centre. "SOPHIE!" Biana lunged into a hug and Sophie hugged back. Sophie rubbed her eyes groggily and saw Keefe twitching in his cot. "Biana, what happened? Is Keefe okay? Where's Fitz?", Biana explained to Sophie that Elwin gave Keefe and Sophie the wrong elixir, and they had been unconscious for about two days.

"It couldn't have been two days! It felt like two hours." Elwin sauntered into the room and ran to Sophies side. "You're awake! Were you dreaming? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" Elwin flashed a layered light orb over her head as she told them what she saw. "They were dreams. Some were set when I was an adult, and some were set at Foxfire lunch sessions. It was really weird."

Elwin tutted as her heard shuffling coming from the other cot. Keefe stirred and finally declared, "I'm up." He rubbed a hand through his hair and yawned. "You're awake? Were you dreaming? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" Elwin repeated, as Sophie and Biana laughed. "It was just a..." He glanced over at Sophie and shrugged, "Weird dream. Of some weird future. And I feel fine, if that makes you stop flashing me."

 Keefe smirked and Elwin stepped back. "Well, looks like you're both okay." He said whilst brushing his hands together. "I guess that means that you can go. BUT! You must take it careful, I'm looking at you So- actually, both of you." Sophie laughed and Keefe smiled. 

WHAM!

The door banged open and Fitz, Sandor, Grizel, and Ro came rushing in. "Sophie! Are you okay?" Fitz rushed to her bedside and squeezed her tightly. "Well Hunkyhair, you're awake," Ro ruffled Keefe's already bedridden hair and Sophie smiled. "You need to stop doing that, Sophie. Or I will ban splotching."  Sandor grumbled from the door of the healing centre.  Sophie smiled, "We both know I won't follow that rule." Biana giggled and Elwin shook his head, "You should both get home, who want's to take them?"

"I can go with Sophie." Fitz volunteered, Elwin nodded, but Sophie heard Ro mumbled something about 'how darn perfect Fitzphie' was. Biana said she could go with Keefe and Ro, which Elwin approved. "Get up slowly guys. You may be a little shaky." Elwin told them, Sophie swung her legs to the side of the cot and jumped off it. Only to be rushed by the sudden momentum into Keefe's cot. She lit up red and jumped off. "I-I'm sorry! That was dumb of me!" She apologised and was suddenly being swept up into Fitz's arms. She blushed red again even though there was no reason too. She waved goodbye to Fitz, Biana, Ro, and Elwin

"Let's light leap with Foxfire's leapmaster." Sandor said, as Grizel and him walked behind her and Fitz, "Don't I have a home crystal?" Sophie asked. Home crystals were always easier to use, because a beam could be summoned anywhere. "We took all your jewellery off. It's in your room." Fitz told her and she nodded. "What have you been doing while I was, you know, asleep?" Fitz smiled his movie star smile and told her how Foxfire had felt bland without her, and the whole of the Lost cities were worried. Especially the Councillors.

Sophie nodded and pretended not to be bothered, as she remembered when the Elvin world gathered at the Wanderlings for her planting and shivered. Finally, they reached the light master and Fitz whispered "Everglen."

✄---

"Why are we at Everglen?" Sandor asked. Clearly annoyed at Fitz for not following the plan. "I need to get something Edaline asked me for. " he said simply, Sophie's mind ran with possibilities, what could it be? What would Fitz have for Edaline? "I think I can walk now? And you've been carrying me for like 7 minutes. How crazy is your workout schedule?" Fitz put her down reluctantly, and Grizel laughed and told her Fitz trained after school everyday. Sophie didn't even train that much. 

"What is your schedule like, Sophie? Is Sandor teaching you well?" Sandor let out a puff as Sophie told Grizel, "I train alone now. Flori will teach me songs in Gnomish sometimes so I can sooth myself. But I practise throwing stars." Grizel lightly punched Sandor and shook her head. "That won't do. Why don't you practise with Fitz and I. Sandor clearly doesn't want you to protect yourself." She ran ahead of Sophie and yelled, "Give me 50, BLONDIE! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NOW!" 

Sophie flustered to her knees and halfway through she was out of breath and rolled on her back. Panting. "She has me to protect her." Sandor tutted and Sophie jumped up at that to protest, "I can protect myself! I could have you down and twitching in two seconds!" 

Sandor grabbed his sword and pointed it at Sophie's chest.Sophie started blinking in and out of sight, using one of her abilities and got behind Sandor. She levitated up and once she was high enough, started free falling right on top of Sandor. Sandor fell on his face and Sophie was standing on his back. Slow clapping broke through the sound of Sophie's heart pumping in her ears. Sophie looked up and brushed her hair behind her ears and saw Grizel clapping. "That's my girl! The girl who torched the Neverseen's  storehouse! AND, left her mark." 

Sophie blushed and helped Sandor up. "Sorry." She muttered but Sandor kept walking. "Is our Moonlark going all 'bad girl' on us?" Grizel commentated, and Sophie hid behind her hair. "You clearly need a confidence lesson." And clapped Sophie on the back. "Wait here, I just need to grab the thing," Fitz said and excused himself. Sophie nodded and turned to Grizel. "Turns him on, your fighting." Sophie's eyes went wide and she sank to the floor. "Don't be like that! Come on, try to attack me." 

Sophie stood back up and started blinking, but Grizel was still able to track her, and grabbed her arm. Sophie wiggled and inflicted happiness making her drop down laughing. Sophie levitated on top of her, cautious not to fall, which could of been mistook for grace, and landed gently on her stomach. Sophie grabbed  cape and bounded her arms, taking her scythed sword and pointing it at her neck. "Does this count?" Grizel laughed. "If you wanted to look like a princess while doing it," a voice answered, Sophie looked up and saw Alden standing with Fitz, both awe-struck. Sophie blushed and stepped off Grizel, giving her back her sword. 

Sandor was already untying her and Fitz walked over to Sophie and dropped the large bag he was holding, to kiss her harder than usual. Her heart fluttered, and she blushed. Though something was wrong, she felt guilty doing it.

But why?

✄---

hola!

who's pov do you want next, and where do you think this story could go? xoxo