Sophie and Fitz | 15

Keefe and Sophie's morning dancing went on for a few days, and they were both smitten. Ro would always stand guard so no one would find the two blondes. Though, Sophie was still unsure how to breakup with Fitz. Every night before bead, she would stare at the pink tulle canopy above her and contemplate her feelings for Fitz. 

Sophie had come to the conclusion of misunderstood gratitude. Fitz brought her to the Lost Cities, of course she would have feelings. But she wasn't in love with him. She felt she owed something to him. She may have a crush on Fitz, but she was in love with Keefe. 

✄---

Wind was whipping against the opulent windows, as the pures whipped against the window. Though the room was very warm. Sophie and Keefe had taken off their capes, only wearing their white tunics with vests over. They were sitting down in the middle of the grand reception room, talking. They talked about Iggy, and Lihn, they talked about, the future, recalled past events. 

It was all very casual. Ro wasn't with them today, as she had been called back for her Father, the King of Ogres, burial. There would be a fight among the fiercest warriors in the captil, to be the new King or Queen. Ro and Bo were married, so Bo would fight for her. 

Ro was still very upset with the arrangement but wanted to honour her Father's wishes. "It's so weird. Ro not being here. What if she becomes Queen?" Sophie asked, and slumped against Keefe, in the crook of his neck. "You'll have me to protect you." Sophie laughed and closed her eyes. 

She would do it today.

She would break up with Fitz. 

"I know you will." Sophie let out a puff of air, and they sat in comfortable silence. The door creaked  but they ignored it ad closed their eyes, thinking it was just the pures outside, thrashing on the windows. 

✄---

Fitz was walking through Foxfire with Lihn talking about finals, and how they would be graduating soon. Fitz wanted to be an emissary. Though in order for that to happen, he would have to become a regent first. He still wasn't sure how he would do it, however. "What do you want to be, Lihn?" He asked, the grey eyed girl.

She let out a sigh and looked to her side. "I don't know. My mother wants me to be a Mentor, but I want to own a shop. A pet shop in the heart of Atlantis." Lihn went misty eyed. Her family had always been rough on her. She had never complained about it, though. "Who cares what they say. I think you shoul-"

"Look in there," Lihn pointed to a large golden room, two young elves in the centre snuggling. (eww pda :P hahaha) One had ice blue eyes, the other had deep brown eyes. It was Keefe and Sophie.  Fitz opened the door further, which bellowed a loud creak and stood in the doorway with Lihn. "I love you." Then his world came crashing down.

"WHAT IS GOING ON? SOPHIE! KEEFE?" Fitz yelled, Sophie jumped about 20 meters away from Keefe, and even Keefe was partially rattled. "WHAT IS GOING ON?" He repeated expecting an answer, just then, Lihn put a hand on his outstretched arm and her calmed down a tad. "We were practising," Sophie said, still sitting down.  

Lihn rushed over to her and helped Sophie up, brushing of dust from her shoulders and whispering something in her ear the boys couldn't hear. "What were you practising? Hmm, cheating?!" Fitz looked at Keefe and his expression said it all, the way his lips were slightly inflamed. "Fitz-" 

"No Sophie!" Sophie took a step forward, "Fitz-" "NOT NOW SOPHIE!" Sophie looked angry and stomped her foot, banging against the marble floor, "FITZ! LET ME SPEAK!" Keefe go up and walked towards Sophie wrapping a loving arm around her and staring Fitz dead in the eye. "I don't think I love you anymore..." 

It was said, and Fitz heard it. His expression changed, from confused and angry, to enraged. "WHAT DID YOU DO KEEFE?!" He roared and started stomping towards Keefe, but Sophie interjected, stepping in front of him. "I am forever in debt, to you. You brought me here and I'm so grateful. But it was gratitude. I thought I owed something to you! But I like Keefe, you are my best friend. And my cognate." Sophie's eyes pleaded with him, so Fitz stopped walking and opened his satchel. 

He threw books out and pulled out crisply folded pieces of paper. "Maybe I never loved you." He said and the girls gasped. "What is that?" Keefe said. Fitz shrugged, "Just something I drew, wanna see?"  Fitz unfolded the papers, to see drawings of Keefe and Sophie, portraits of Sophie and Keefe looked angry. "WHY would you DO THAT?" Keefe yelled and Fitz smiled. "Just a little souvenir. And Sophie, we're through. And I don't forgive you." Fitz dropped the papers and sauntered away. 

✄---

Sophie immediately rushed Keefe into a hug, and Lihn scampered to the dropped papers and collected them.  "I'm so sorry, Keefe." Keefe shook his head and wiped at his eyes. "I'm okay. Are you?"  Sophie shrugged, "I'll get through it." and smiled weakly. "I'm sorry," Lihn whispered and ran off to talk to Fitz. Sophie looked at the drawings in Keefe's hands and pointed to the drawing of them light leaping with Sandor. "Remember when we tried to leave without Sandor, that night?" Keefe smirked. "Of course, Foster. Now let's get to the atrium."