Keefe | 18

Staring into the mirror, Keefe wasn't happy. 

The past week or so, people had been making stabs at him, or his girl. All. The. Time. Why couldn't they realise it was none of their business. Keefe did his best to ignore the silly compliments, or crack a joke whenever Foster's face filled with a frown. He had hoped it would go away, but it didn't seem likely. 

Keefe wandered over to the drawer where he used to keep his journals, and stared at the space. He was going to figure this out. Sophie was at a Team Valiant meeting for the day, and Keefe knew exactly where to start. Oralie.

✄---

As he looked up at the glistening castle, he let out of puff of air. Jumping up the steps and staring at the door knocker, he reached out, but the door opened with a concerned councillor. "Keefe?" Keefe looked up at the councillor and smiled weakly, "Hey Councillor Oralie." Keefe gulped nervously, he never had one on ones with councillors. Oraile could see his discomfort and invited him inside, a gnome bringing over lush berry juice. "Keefe, what's wrong?" She tilted her head, ever so slightly, Sophie always did that.

"It's about Sophie, and me, and Fitz..." Keefe explained everything to Oralie, how he had a fantasy life with Sophie, then woke up and things went down hill. Keefe didn't want to be the centre of attention any more than Sophie. Oralie listened and nodded for him to continue if his words got caught in his throat. "That's quite the predicament, Keefe. You know, I was involved in quite a few dramas in my Foxfire years.", somehow, Keefe didn't find this surprising. She was the beloved Oralie. "I had a very, public, for lack of a better term, break up? It was the talk of the school, and I hated it!"

"Really? You? No offense Councillor O, but don't you love attention?" He asked and she smiled, "Oh yes, I was quite like Sophie. Tried to blend in, but naturally stuck out."  Keefe stared at the councillor as she continued, "People forgot eventually, but don't let it get to you. And call people out, they have no barge in your business, Keefe. So confront them, and just focus on Sophie. You're very lucky to have her."

Keefe smiled at the Empath. "Sophies very unique. She's beautiful and strong and wise, yet she doesn't know it. Keep her grounded, Keefe. For me." She leant over and patted his knee. Standing up her green dress bellowed, with mamoth blue sleeves and she swept out of the room, stopping at the arch way. "Send Sophie my love, please." Keefe nodded, not questioning the Councillor and she glided away.

Keefe stood up, taking his leave, and walked out the door, ready to wait for Sophie.

✄---

Pacing in front of his imparter, waiting for dusk to call Sophie, Keefe was bitting his nails down to the cuticle.  "Are you gonna chew your fingers off too?" Ro asked and Keefe rolled his eyes, "Wasn't planning on it." He replied absent minded.  Ro scoffed, "Sure you weren't,".  The imparter went off and Keefe rushed to it, "Hello?" "Keefe it's me. I, uh, can you come to Everglen?"

Keefe's smile dropped, "Why Everglen? Why are you at Everglen? What's so important with Everglen?", a sigh on the other line and Sandor came into view, "Stop acting 12, Keefe. Come to Everglen. Now." Sandor huffed, "12 out of 10? Yes I am. But what's so important with Eve-" The imparter turn black and Ro was now standing. "I think we ought to get to Everglen, Hunkyhair."

Keefe nodded glumly. Ro and Keefe walked to the leap master and leaped to Everglen, everyone was there. A blonde rushed up to him and squeezed him tightly, "Thank God you're okay." She gasped and held him in her arms. "What's wrong, Sophie?" Keefe was genuinely concerned, and looked over to see Ro with Bo, Bo's face solem. Sophie slipped off of him and grabbed his hand. Sophie lead Keefe into the foyer of Everglen where he saw the Councillors and Mr Forkle and Alden talking. In the corner sat Stina and the rest of team valiant. "Mr. Sencen, we've been expecting you." Keefe nodded, and Oralie stared at hime, holding Sophie's hands.

"There's been an incident. Involving the Neverseen."

✄---

it sucks that i haven't been able to update, but i have SO MUCH SCHOOL. i'm not gonna pour my heart and soul into an apology because my life is more important, so ya. i hope you liked this chap. 

i'm going to start having scheduled posts. expect the next post the 17th of Oct!