Lihn | 17

After Lihn scurried out of the grand ballroom, she saw Fitz leaning against a locker, staring at his cognate ring. "Are you okay?" She asked and Fitz shook his head, laughing bitterly. Suddenly, he twisted and threw the ring so hard, Lihn thought it dented the locker. "Perfect. Just peachy.". Lihn hesitantly took a step towards the Vacker. "That was mean, what Sophie did." Fitz nodded, "I bet it was Keefe. Sophie isn't that dumb, no she's going to be a bad match. With EVERYONE!" He started laughing and Lihn stepped back. "Sure."

Fitz turned around and slammed his fists into the locker. "KEEFE DID THIS! I KNOW HE DID!" Lihn was almost on the verge of tears, to see a friend so upset. "Fitz. I don't think he did," Lihn sidestepped as Fitz tried to grab her. "OH, OF COURSE HE DID SOMETHING!" He exclaimed. "Stop it, Fitz! This isn't you!"Lihn put a hand on his shoulder and stared into his enraged eyes. "Breathe. In and Out." 

Lihn took a deep breath in... And out. Fitz stared at her as if she was an alien. "Do it." Lihn commanded. Fitz took a breath in and out, unclenching his fists. "Good." She smiled and Fitz nodded and smiled weakly. "I know it was, Keefe." Lihn face palmed, What is wrong with this man. Nothing like Dex, thank god. She thought. "Sure." Fitz ran a hand through his hair and stared at Lihn. "Wanna go to Atlantis?"

✄---

Lihn squealed at the the Murcats. They swam around their large tank, sometimes tapping against the crystal with their small noses. "Look at him!He looks pink, awwwweee!!" Lihn's smile was ear to ear, as the employee grabbed the pink Murcat out of the cage. "He's lovely!!" She cried, "I'll take him!" The employee nodded and sauntered into the back room. "Thank you, Fitz. This is better than Elvin History." She laughed and Fitz smirked. The Murcat was in a portable cage and banging on the sides. 

"He's a little jumpy, Ms. This fellow's been with us for nearly 4 moons." Lihn gasped, 4 moons was a very long time! "That just makes me want him more." She smiled and passed her money cube to the Employee. She looked at Lihn and paused, then at Fitz. "Are you friends of Lady Sophie Foster? Are you regents as well- I'm so-so sor-sorry!" She dipped into a curtsy and Lihn could see Fitz tense. "No, no. We aren't Regents. But we are friends with Sophie Foster." 

The employee's mouth formed an 'O' and she apologised deeply. Lihn thanked her and walked out with the pink Murcat. "What are you going to name him?" Fitz asked, and Lihn shrugged, "It will come to me. Wanna sit?" She gestured to some empty benches along the side of the canal. Fitz nodded and they wandered over. "Are you okay, Fitz?" Lihn questioned, the entire visit, Fitz's mind had been elsewhere. 

"I'm fine. I promise," Lihn was suspicious but nodded along. It was about lunch time and she was starting to get hungry, but they had just sat down, so she stayed put. They chatted for a bit about finals. Lihn was observing Fitz as he talked, his teal eyes, the slant of his noes. The way his eyebrows arched.  Fitz noticed her staring and stopped speaking, staring back. He leaned close and was about to kiss her when Lihn snapped back, "Oh, heck no! You just broke up with your girlfriend!" 

Fitz gaped, "I thought you liked me, Lihn! Biana told me you do, and that I was on your list!" He pleaded, and Lihn shook her head as she stood up. "You were the 63rd! I didn't make it a big deal because Sophie can't get her list! God, Fitz, you are so messed up! I do not like you, stop thinking everybody likes you! I am not a replacement!" Lihn said, remembering the talk she had with Keefe. She started running away when she forgot her Murcat and jogged back. "I know what to name him now. Annoying!" 

✄---

Lihn sat on her bed replaying the day in her head. Why would she like Fitz? She wandered over to her desk and opened the 3rd drawer on the left. She reached for the crackly piece of parchment unrolling the list.

'𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐡𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

𝐎𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐡𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠.

𝟏. 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐟𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧 (𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡)
𝟐.
𝟑.
𝟒.
𝟓.
𝟔.
𝟕. 𝐅𝐢𝐭𝐳 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 (𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡)
𝟖.
𝟗.
𝟏𝟎.
𝟏𝟏. 𝐉𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐬 (𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫)
𝟏𝟐.
𝟏𝟑. 𝐖𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥 (𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫)

(skip)

𝟔𝟑. 𝟔𝟑. 𝐃𝐞𝐱 𝐃𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐧𝐞𝐞 (𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡)'

She recalled how she first set out looking for Dex's name, looking amongst the top ten for his name, and when she saw Keefe's name. Then going back to looking for Dex and finding him as her 63rd. She had lied to Fitz because she didn't want to be with him, or Jensi, and she certainly couldn't be with Keefe... 

"I want to be with Dex, b-but he doesn't like me?", from the door way someone sighed. She turned and saw her soft cuddly marshmallow of twin brother. "I think he doesn't like anyone, he hasn't gotten his list." Tam breathed, and sat down besides his sister. "Don't take it personal, you have a lifetime to date." Tam gave her a nice pat on the shoulder and walked out of the room. 

Somehow, Lihn felt better. If Tam could be optimistic, she could be too. Lihn would float above the daft drama Fitz and Sophie had started, and she would talk to more people, because Foxfire was full of other people. 

✄---

not many people liked lihn's revenge girlfriend arc, so i changed it. also!! i am going to be editing and adding chapters previously to make it flow more, so don't forget to check it out. like 'remembering the talk with keefe' i'll add that but it was keefe telling her very, very vaguely what fitz would try, THAT WILL BE ADDED TO THE END OF KEEFE | 12.

also, don't worry about the murcat :), his name won't be 'annoying' that was just a stab at the cracker.